Private Pack despediacraft.fluctis.com | 152wgt + extras | whitelist | community

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

mjevans

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATED: 2013 / 10 / 19

Officially dead, all recently active players past endgame, insufficient community active.

To apply please reply to this thread with the following information in your post:
  • What are your goals are for playing on this server?
  • A rough estimate for when during the week you would normally be on the server?
  • Usual play style (builder, tech tree runner, etc)?
  • What you intend to do in these realms?
  • Would you be interested in contributing to a community village build?
  • If yes to the last question, what would you be interested in doing?
  • Which parts of a community village you'd like to build / setup?
  • Complete the word-puzzles;The first thing that comes to mind when you read:
    * Diamond Block
    * Bees
    * TNT
  • Which mods have you started out with in the past?
  • Which mods do you think you'll be using after a few weeks on the server?
The server is presently using a BETA / alpha pack; we take that to mean that the future is an unknown quantity. At this point in time no concrete end of life is planned, but such things do happen.
Everyone playing on the server agrees that anything on the server may be shown publicly. Further that by logging in to the server you agree to allow for anyone who has at one point been whitelisted and whom has not been removed for malicious actions to request (and receive) a copy of the server instance (excluding other player.dat files) after major milestones, including the eventual sunset of the current map.

Description:

This is a server for those who are seeking a community server experience with a number of extra decorative blocks and a slightly easier GregTech experience.

It includes all of the Unleashed mods, and a few others which the server operators thought would complement the experience.

Additions over Unleashed include:
Compact block to block item movement without overflow, thanks to ChickenBone's Translocators.
Chococraft by Torojima; request for 'better horses' approved.
And many more useful mods (see the Credits section for details)

Abridged Rules:
  1. No Griefing
  2. Dont cause undue stress to the server
  3. Keep pranks fun and non destructive
  4. Each player is allowed 2 Mystcraft ages at a maximum
  5. Please respect community resources.
PS: For reference these have been set:
/scoreboard objectives add Deaths deathCount
/scoreboard objectives add Health health
/scoreboard objectives setdisplay list Deaths
/scoreboard objectives setdisplay belowName Deaths

The conversion has occurred. Thanks to burning most of my breather weekend for this month and staying up way too late Saturday, Sunday, and Wedensday on the task; the script had last moment changes and tests to enable support for Factorization Barrel, Iron Chests (of all types), MFR's DSU's, and AE storage clusters /held in ME chest or ME drive/ (clusters not stored within either of those were NOT TOUCHED); Nested storage of any type was not supported.

Also thanks to Miros's efforts we've attained the permissions required for a private server pack for all of the additional mods that had that need. Instead of just config files, all of the extra mods are now in the server pack which you will receive via private communications channels.

Updated Installation Instructions
Get an FTB Unleashed 1.1.4 instance
http://www.feed-the-beast.com/
Download the launcher for your OS
Select the FTB Unleashed pack
Between 'Private Packs' and 'Download Server'; under 'Maps'; select 1.1.4 from the version dropdown box.
Launch / etc
Quit
Edit Mod Pack: Mods Tab, Enable everything except Death Timer and Enchanting Plus
(just right of the Filter and left of the Download Server)
Make a new MultiMC instance using Import from FTB Launcher method.
Please make sure that your MultiMC Settings > Java > JVM Arguments include at least the MaxPermSize argument, you might also need to increase this number if you tend to allocate tons of ram to Minecraft (you'll get PermGen errors otherwise)
-XX:MaxPermSize=128M -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=40 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=150
Using an archive program, E.G. 7-zip (it's free), extract the private pack targeted inside of the instance minecraft folder.
The instance minecraft folder contains 'mods' 'coremods' 'config' directories already, these are the things we need to update, so this is the folder to extract and over-write within.
Please take a moment to glance over the Mod Credits section to familiarize your self with the included mods and versions.

Mod Credits
The mods distributed via the FTB Unleashed pack are credited in that pack's descriptive page within the launcher.
The remainder enumerates the mods included in the mod pack applied to the FTB Unleashed pack.

This file shall list included mods in the following format.

Name and version of mod
Link to the mod author's page as of when this pack was compiled
Mod Author(s) for credit

AddMicro 0.0.001
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1921574-152forge-addmicro-a-forge-multipart-helper-00001/
ZetaPrime

Chococraft 2.8.9
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...raft-289-happiness-distilled-into-avian-form/
Torojima (of MCF) and @Torojima on Twitter

DimensionalDoors 1.5.2R1.4.1RC1-194
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...onal-doors-v141-eyes-in-the-darkupdatedagain/
stevenrs11 (of MCF)

GregTech 3.08g
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/?page=Thread&threadID=7156
GregoriusT "1. If it's a private Modpack, just for your Server, then I have no Problem with that, and you don't need to ask me."
!!! This is not the latest version; we're still punting on updating it at all / 1.6 !!!

Legend Gear 1.5.2
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...tems-and-more-drawing-inspiration-from-zelda/
NMcCoy
!!! No, except: Private server <20 'members' to players only; password protected OR 'negotiate' (custom terms) !!!

Mekanism (+Generators +Tools) v5.5.6.121
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1361286-152-mekanism-555-universal-machinery/ https://github.com/aidancbrady/Mekanism
aidancbrady, +(Azkhar, flashyink, Mattredsox, Comply_cat_Ed; Wiebbe, Condo97, Calclavia; Mattredosx, Thutmose, CovertJaguar, King_Lemming; per http://universalelectricity.com/mekanism)

RopePlus, StalkerCreepers, UpdateCheckerMod (this is part of StalkerCreepers?), PetBat 1.5.2
http://www.atomicstryker.net/ropesplus.html http://www.atomicstryker.net/stalkercreepers.html
AtopicStryker

SecretRoomsMod 4.6.1.286
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/546192-1521v460secretroomsmodsmpforge-hidden-trapped-chests/ https://github.com/AbrarSyed/SecretRoomsMod-forge
AbrarSyed

OpenCCSensors 1.5.2.0
http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/5996-151152-cc-152153-openccsensors/ http://www.github.com/Cloudhunter/OpenCCSensors
Cloudhunter, Mikeemoo, Orwell1984, Lyqyd, Nietsnie and others who've commited along the way (and if you're a modder, please get involved!)

Translocator 1.1.0.5.jar
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/909223-162-smp-chickenbones-mods/
chicken_bones

UndergroundBiomes 1.5.x - 0.4.2
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1593704-16x15x147-underground-biomes-forge-smp-compatible/ https://github.com/ExterminatorJeff/UndergroundBiomes
Grom PE, ExterminatorJeff

WeaponMod (version?)
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...ons-weaponmod-v113-now-with-flintlock-pistol/
BalkondeurAlpha and many credited texture artists for their graphics assets:
Zyth23 has made the flintlock pistol texture.
patrix1221 has made the HD cannon texture.
xiraxis has made the amazing new cannon model.
Reppu has applied some fixes to the HD textures.
_SideStunt_ did another update to the HD textures.
Gamephantom ports the server mod to Bukkit.
HunterTTP made an auto-installer.
mDiyo improved the warhammer textures.
Bremmelgod has made the previous HD firerod texture and painterly textures.
MinerDM made the new firerod textures.
krnlyng ported the SMP version to Bukkit.
sismk made the previous crossbow and bolt textures.
milly_rainbow made the HD halberd textures, in the style of JohnSmith.
CrazyErik made the awesome 32x32 textures in the style of the Faithful32 texture pack.
CrazyErik also made the normal dynamite texture.
danden made the other Painterly textures.
BrightsideRy made the Jolicraft textures.
fusey4556 made the Imperial Island map.

In the future the server may specify a different version of the configs (-r2 etc) please re-check for updates at that time.

Disabled items:
  • Mystcraft Book Binder - As mentioned above, operators will transcribe books to enforce quotas and limit chunk-generation activity.
Enabled items:
  • MFR Rubber trees - Torches are nice to have in a scary world.
Server details:
Update! - Moved to CreeperHost
Despedia.PlayAt.CH

GeoLoc: Texas, USA
Difficulty: (now) Hard
Slots: 10? used of 19 players (this is currently limited by Legend Gear TOS, we will either negotiate custom terms or drop that mod if it becomes an issue.)
CreeperHost Spider (3GB) package - Minecraft 3GB SSD Package (They are vague on exact hardware specs; which might be better than fabricating an answer. A friend is actually in control of the account.)

MirosVanisland

Jul 29, 2019
As an incentive for joining, we currently have a welcome package available for the first 10 users to join. Included are a few basic resources to help get you started, and a gaff handy for varied combat situations (gaff may or may not be the same for each user).

Keeks

Jul 29, 2019
  • What are your goals are for playing on this server? World Domination and Contributing to the community
  • A rough estimate for when during the week you would normally be on the server? If i like it, whenever im awake
  • Usual play style (builder, tech tree runner, etc)? Tech Tree Runner, Bee Maniac
  • What you intend to do in these realms? Challenge myself to be creative
  • Would you be interested in contributing to a community village build? Yes, But not live in it 24/7
  • If yes to the last question, what would you be interested in doing? Building and power supply
  • Which parts of a community village you'd like to build / setup? Power Supply
    * Diamond Block Meh
    * Bees OP
    * TNT For Iridium
  • Which mods have you started out with in the past? 70% of that list
  • Which mods do you think you'll be using after a few weeks on the server? Gregtech, Thermal Expansion, Bee's
Username: tehstatus

Wow, that was a fun install

miguelseara1

Jul 29, 2019
What are your goals are for playing on this server? A good server and expirience
A rough estimate for when during the week you would normally be on the server? Almost every day except weekends
Usual play style (builder, tech tree runner, etc)? Tech
What you intend to do in these realms? Play on a good server whit no lag
Would you be interested in contributing to a community village build? Yes
If yes to the last question, what would you be interested in doing? my house or some public building
Which parts of a community village you'd like to build / setup? Dont realy know but i like to help
Complete the word-puzzles;The first thing that comes to mind when you read:
* Diamond Block - humm nice
* Bees - have to start doing them
* TNT- dont need it
Which mods have you started out with in the past? Buildcraft and IC2
Which mods do you think you'll be using after a few weeks on the server? A bit of every one

Recyrexor

Jul 29, 2019
A new experience of people, places and things.
  • A rough estimate for when during the week you would normally be on the server?
Everyday if I enjoy the server :).
I consider myself a tinkerer, and explorer above other things. I'm that mad scientist/sorcerer with crazy contraptions in his laboratory.
I will mess with all mods and tech to some extent. My favorite mods are the DNA inspired ones from Bees and Trees. I love Thaumcraft and Mystcraft for the Chaos factor. (No worries I keep my Flux in check).
Definitely.
Creative and extensive builds.
Residential buildings, Resource buildings. Just about anything really.
    * Diamond Block - Unnecessary
    * Bees - Amazing
    * TNT - Desert Temples
All of them? I have tried using just about every mod pack out there to some extent.
All of them. Though I will more than likely use them methodically.

AcapTeo

Jul 29, 2019
  • What are your goals are for playing on this server? meet new people, learn new tricks in minecraft
  • A rough estimate for when during the week you would normally be on the server? everyday, but less amount pf time during weekends, time for family
  • Usual play style (builder, tech tree runner, etc)? i guess im kinda a tech tree runner, but pretty slow, more like a tech tree walker
  • What you intend to do in these realms? build a base in the promised lands
  • Would you be interested in contributing to a community village build? yes, it's always nice to help around
  • If yes to the last question, what would you be interested in doing? my builds are ugly, so i'll just provide the materials and a helping hand
  • Which parts of a community village you'd like to build / setup? preferably the farms
    * Diamond Block: not very usefull
    * Bees: annoying bugs that poop uranium for you
    * TNT: Boomstick time!!
  • Which mods have you started out with in the past? recently played around with mfr
  • Which mods do you think you'll be using after a few weeks on the server? TE, MFR, computercraft, Tinker's Construct
IGN: AcapSkyrim

Flash_Dog123

Jul 29, 2019
  • What are your goals are for playing on this server? I want to improve my building style, and with inprove I mean go quicker. because when I build, it takes forever. but it will end up nice and functiuniol
  • A rough estimate for when during the week you would normally be on the server? everyday, especially now in the holyday. but when school starts, as much as I can handle.
  • Usual play style (builder, tech tree runner, etc)? builder/ tech runner/ mix of the two
  • What you intend to do in these realms? use alot of mods in complicated builds.
  • Would you be interested in contributing to a community village build? absolutely, I love Community builds
  • If yes to the last question, what would you be interested in doing? the forge
  • Which parts of a community village you'd like to build / setup? the forge
    * Diamond Block = quarry
    * Bees= alot of waiting
    * TNT= nice show, random terrain modification
  • Which mods have you started out with in the past? IC2/gregtech. but this time I think I will start with Thermal Expansion/forestry
  • Which mods do you think you'll be using after a few weeks on the server? gregtech/ thaumcraft/AE. because after a few weeks I will have the resources for these mods. but I will always mix mods for builds.
I hope this is good enough, but if you need extra info please contact me.
I hope I will get whitelisted,
Flash_Dog123

damunzy

Jul 29, 2019
  • What are your goals are for playing on this server? Looking for a nice community to play 152wgt
  • A rough estimate for when during the week you would normally be on the server? Really rough= 1700-2100 Eastern US TZ
  • Usual play style (builder, tech tree runner, etc)? Dabbler- I like to try out different mods- still trying to tech my way up through the tough stuff in GT. Just starting the basics (since IC2 is nerfed to mid-tier).
  • What you intend to do in these realms? joke, play, have fun, not be naked.
  • Would you be interested in contributing to a community village build? Yes, I would depending on the project. I am a helpful kind of guy
  • If yes to the last question, what would you be interested in doing? Something simple- a wall, roads....lakes, prettifying areas with flowers, etc.
  • Which parts of a community village you'd like to build / setup? Um....read last answer. :)
    * Diamond Block - Expensive
    * Bees - Hard
    * TNT - Meh
  • Which mods have you started out with in the past? IC2, EE2, Mystcraft (old stuff) TC2, TC3, EE3
  • Which mods do you think you'll be using after a few weeks on the server? Hoping to go TE -> ? -> IC2 -> Profit -> GT!
[DOUBLEPOST=1373934785][/DOUBLEPOST]Does anyone know what mod shows the highlighted block info in the top center of the screen? It seems to have been lost from 0.7 to 0.8 of 152wgt. Thanks!

ayeazell

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: ayeazell
My goal will be to help the general server public reach deep into the tech tree. I'm usually on everyother day. My play style is probably 1/3 builder, 2/3rds tech tree runner.
If there is going to be different realms, I'd like to contribute to these by adding say a dark evil tower to a evil biome, or something along those lines.
I would like to help build the community village, as I think it will benefit everyone involved. I would like to add a sewer system with varioius secret passageways, and maybe some puzzles.
When I see a diamond block I feel the royalness, and prestige of said block. Bees are sharp stingy, but useful. Tnt is ashy, grimy, deadly.
Now mods I have used before, are pretty much everything in the direwolf 20 pack, but i'm not to familar with how to use computercraft or extrabees.
Interesting mods I have played with are arsmagika, divine rpg,
logisticspipes, ee2, and mo creatures. On the server i'll probably focus on ic2 and its farming, which I like.

mjevans

Jul 29, 2019
Applications to this point have been reviewed among all current operators.

Additionally I have corrected the case sensitive whitelist for those kinds of typos and reloaded them.
Not everyone who has submitted an application has been approved; however there has been at least one change to the whitelist since the last update.

The next update will likely be when one of these three events occurs:
  • 152wgt 0.9 is released
  • a game breaking bug is discovered (and has a solution that involves updating)
  • next Monday evening there are mods that add highly desired content

The r2 version has the following upgrades:

Natura 2.1.2
TCon 1.4.0 (now with Thaumium metal support; full tool/3 pieces == +2 modifiers, 1 piece == +1 modifier)
Chococraft 2.8.8 (Didn't glance at changelog, but update required due to the before mentioned issue of lacking prior version.)

Some config tweaks:
http://mproj.net/img/152wgt-0.8-cfg-overlay-r2.zip

The main parent post has been updated and it's install instructions contain the links as usual.

PS: It's fun to have a "case of the Mondays" and then get home to find out your treefarm's power supply has almost completely run down... Cue a good 30 min of building the booster system you see in this project update screenshot.
(Current Community tech level: TCon Tier 2; MFR basic treefarm; TE Liquid Redstone; IC2/GT Nil; Forestry what is creosote oil good for without wood or beeswax?)
despediacraft-2.jpg

MirosVanisland

Jul 29, 2019
Please note that in this update we have disabled pigmen getting angry from nether ores, however, they will now explode more frequently and with Much greater force (now stronger than tnt

mjevans

Jul 29, 2019
It's come to my attention that Factorization 0.8.01 is also released. It appears that it may contain Servos for servicing inventories (as you may have seen Forgecraft 1 letsplays/streamers using).

For a while there I thought that maybe there was a bug with the Factorization that's in the pack; it turns out that the odds of getting sludge are simply a bit lower than my sample size ran across.

Edit:
So the present plan is that it will go in the next planned / emergency update (currently next Monday's planned update).

zetaPRIME

Jul 29, 2019
Build request: 3x3 chunk structure centered on chunk 18,-27 (I think that's the right Z?); "Citadel" to house public accomodations for future city build

mjevans

Jul 29, 2019
Build request: 3x3 chunk structure centered on chunk 18,-27 (I think that's the right Z?); "Citadel" to house public accomodations for future city build

No one else has yet requested the chunks around:
295,-421

Consider them officially reserved for your build. Also, yay, finally someone building near-ish to my base. I might actually want to build a road to there.
Speaking of buildings, I'm a little concerned about the chunk-updates lag that the treefarm near spawn is causing; I think other such things with lots of block updates might need a reserved place to exist. What are the thoughts of the user base on this?

TerrorBite

Jul 29, 2019
My in-game name is TerrorBite. I was referred by zetaPRIME.
    -- To play collaboratively with a small community. Singleplayer gets lonely, and I dislike PvP-based servers (not my play style).
    -- Probably any time during the week, I have no fixed schedule currently.
    -- I build things, spend a lot of time on building aesthetically pleasing houses/structures. I build complex machines/devices mainly for the sake of building them. I have an unfortunate tendency to focus on the details of a build sometimes.
    -- Contribute in whatever way I can see, I'm happy doing whatever I can to help.
    -- Definitely. I've played in this style before and it has been a lot of fun.
    -- I enjoy working on aesthetics/decor or automation systems. And beekeeping.
    -- See above.
    * Diamond Block - Pretty but pointless
    * Bees - There's 20 fun hours of my life I'll never get back
    * TNT - Mining. Well, it's not really all that efficient unless you have a good source of gunpowder.
    -- My first foray into mods started with basic IC2 and since then I've explored a fairly large range including Thaumcraft, BuildCraft, Railcraft, Forestry and I have a special love of Redpower. I tried Equivalent Exchange 2 back in the day, the powerful items were fun but destroyed the entire balance of the game. I'm familiar with most of the main mods that are around these days, but have yet to explore Gregtech's additions.
    -- Factorization for basic ore processing, Redpower for everything especially automation and microblocks, the decorative block mods for aethetics, Thaumcraft for tools, and Forestry for bees. Bees! I'm going to lose SO many more hours playing with bees. I don't tend to use Buildcraft and related mods where other solutions exist, though I like what Thermal Expansion does.
Well, that's me!

mjevans

Jul 29, 2019
Since the last update several things have happened.

Most prominently, the public spat between Greg and Tcon (mDiyo) where each was insisting on a variation of wood = n planks. (Backstory as I heard it: Tcon was preserving vanilla's standard of 4; Greg was trying to force a nerf to 2 and use of an iron saw/machine. When Greg didn't get his way a 'stealth update' to his mod caused added an artifical crash if recipes were not as configured (Also there was not (and still isn't?) a config option for the plank and vanilla tool nerfs.); further said crash attempted to accuse Tcon for making the game crash.

While the above has been undone, precisely what the 1.6.x+ packs will look like is now in question. I think we shall all simply have to wait and see what develops between here and there; for the moment, we will not be updating gregtech from it's present version unless absolutely necessary (mostly this means a new 152wgt pack version changes it). When 1.6 is nearing ready we might also at that time start to open a conversation about the direction of the server; once the field of choices is more clear. Any discussion at this moment would likely be premature; this update is simply keeping you informed (if you're only casually aware of the community).

It has also been requested that we downgrade MPS to the last stable version for 1.5.2 to work more properly with openperipheral (and prevent a crash with it's glasses). This is a change that is included in this revision.

Given the above we are unsure when the next 152wgt release will be out; since we've also noticed most mods are deep in to the process of upgrading to 1.6.x or beyond we've decided to install the latest patches, and to delay to a less definitive term of updates.

The main post has been updated. The server is now using configs version r3 + magicbees 2.1.0 AKA config version r4 (~.~ the MCF post for magicbees was not updated to deprecate it and redirect to the new location for updates).

mjevans

Jul 29, 2019