Derpy custom fluid mechanics and any mods that drop fluids?

ariosos

Jul 29, 2019
(Playing with a custom modpack here) I've been playing around with custom fluids (namely, Life Essence for a build idea). First off, are there any mods that dispense a fluid source block directly in front of it? The vanilla dispenser only seems to work with water and lava. If I dispense say, a bucket of oil, or a bucket of Life Essence, it tosses out the bucket like it's a dropper. I really don't want to use the fluid formation and annihilation plane since it completely wrecks the style of the build I'm going for (I took inspiration from a build I saw on a Direwolf20 Forgecraft video last year or so - forget who's base it was, but I made a vanilla version of it, and just needed to add one thing - liquid!), and the BC Floodgates flood the entire area, but I don't think they can pick the fluid back up, plus they use power. Autonomous Activators also don't work. This kind of leads into the next bit - I resorted to pistons (didn't really want to do that, since the walls of the build are meant to be narrow and has a tunnel beneath it...), which seems to cause the fluid to be "stuck" when there's a block over it. When I remove the source blocks on the side, and then the two blocks over the fluid column, the fluid dissipates as expected. I'm guessing this is either some forge bug based on how custom fluid buckets are handled, or Minecraft's only looking for water/lava in dispensers.

So, that's pretty much my question, is there any item that can place and pick up a fluid block from a custom bucket?

Attachments

• Fluid1.jpg
    Fluid1.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 55
  • Fluid2.jpg
    Fluid2.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Fluid3.jpg
    Fluid3.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 61

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
The Autonomous Activators would work if you set them to left-click mode. Yes, dispensers only dispense lava and water. Forge adding support won't be easy, perhaps the easiest thing to do would be to force container items to fluid containers, which most people won't like. It'll be pointless in general.

eletrolitico

Jul 29, 2019
there is a pipe from additional buildcraft objects that does that

Enviado de meu SM-G900M usando Tapatalk