(Departed) Mobs guarding portal

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Partonetrain

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. I'm playing Departed. Created a portal to Haven. Went through it. Went back out. Little did I know the mobs chased me to the portal. Now, every time I go in, BAM, I'm dead. Luckily I made a backup right before I went in, but now I can't get in at all. Any ideas? I prefer a non-cheaty way to remove the mobs, but I don't know if that's possible.

Is this supposed to be insanely difficult?

XolovA

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. I'm playing Departed. Created a portal to Haven. Went through it. Went back out. Little did I know the mobs chased me to the portal. Now, every time I go in, BAM, I'm dead. Luckily I made a backup right before I went in, but now I can't get in at all. Any ideas? I prefer a non-cheaty way to remove the mobs, but I don't know if that's possible.

Is this supposed to be insanely difficult?
What kind of armor are you using? The big thing to note would be that iron and diamond won't cut it in some of the harder dimensions. The Haven is actually one of the harder ones in general as well. Luckily, there is a Haven rework upcoming [for the difficultly/mob AI] which made it a much better place to live in.

Partonetrain

Jul 29, 2019
ohmygosh it's XolovA

Thanks for response. I was using Void Armor. I guess that's the same as diamond. What tier would you think is appropriate for Haven?

Partonetrain

Jul 29, 2019
What kind of armor are you using? The big thing to note would be that iron and diamond won't cut it in some of the harder dimensions. The Haven is actually one of the harder ones in general as well. Luckily, there is a Haven rework upcoming [for the difficultly/mob AI] which made it a much better place to live in.

Forgot to quote. I assume you'll be notified.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
for this art attack you will need:

Half a dozen dispensers,
Some redstone,
A few buckets of water,
Some tnt,
A lever.

The positioning and aiming, i'll leave in your capable hands.