Request DenseOres-Image creation

Tokoshoran

Jul 29, 2019
Denseores seems to make the load time a bit longer to make images for the new ores, which for people like me, who already take a long time to load up the game, can be pretty nasty. It says you can bypass that, however, by throwing in some custom images. It seems that in the Direwolf20 1.7 pack, the vanilla ores don't have custom images. Can anybody provide me premade files for them? Even if it only shaves a minute off my loadtime, it will be worth it.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Umm Dense ores only adds like 5 extra textures to the game, and they aren't even fancy. Also that mentioned solution makes no sense, as you will not only have to load the original textures but the texture pack's one. At best it wouldn't shave a second off at worst it will add time.

Edit: Make that 6 I forgot emerald

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Umm Dense ores only adds like 5 extra textures to the game, and they aren't even fancy. Also that mentioned solution makes no sense, as you will not only have to load the original textures but the texture pack's one. At best it wouldn't shave a second off at worst it will add time.

Dense ores dynamically generates the textures though if it isn't given some by a texture pack, which is what the original poster wishes to avoid

Tokoshoran

Jul 29, 2019

Dense ores dynamically generates the textures though if it isn't given some by a texture pack, which is what the original poster wishes to avoid
Well, my goal is more to shave time off the startup. If it would take longer by having actual images included by default, then I'd rather not.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I made my own version of Dense Ores using Minetweaker, CustomItems and COFH World gen. I can make the textures available, you'll have to work out what they need to be renamed to and where they go to work with the Dense Ores mod.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Here's my take on dense ore textures, simple image manipulation of original textures.

Alum
dense_alum_ore.png

Coal
dense_coal_ore.png

Copper
dense_copper_ore.png

Gold
dense_gold_ore.png

Iron
dense_iron_ore.png

Lead
dense_lead_ore.png

Nickel
dense_nickel_ore.png

Osmium
dense_osmium_ore.png

Redstone
dense_redstone_ore.png

Silver
dense_silver_ore.png

Tin
dense_tin_ore.png

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. This gets me thinking. Is there a way to make the dense ores look like normal ores and camouflage them? Also, would that shave off some load time?