Dense ores and copper/tin

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ChickenMacNugget

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing around in creative, making some worlds that are ridiculously OP/unstable for fun. After running a full 32x32 quarry in a 30 dense ores age, I noticed that I'm getting VERY little tin/copper.

I was this on the wiki under the Dense Ores section:

"Dense Ores now requires mods to register their ores with Dense Ores in order to generate them, rather than searching the Forge Ore Dictionary. This means that ores that are prevented from generating in the Overworld by config file will not generate in Dense Ores ages, it also means that only mods that use the Mystcraft API will have their ores generate in Dense Ores ages."

Does this mean that it's completely out of my hands? No config tweaking can fix this?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but a search through the forum brought up nothing D:

ChickenMacNugget

Jul 29, 2019
That's the strange thing though, I am getting small deposits of TE copper and tin, but only a handful: 1 stack from a 32x32 quarry, where I'm getting 64 stacks of coal, gold and iron each. It's as though Myscraft is generating the ore, but isnt applying the Dense Ores modifier when it does.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
That is because mystcraft's new update will require mod developers to add mod ores directly into the dense ore generation. Before dense ores would look at the forge dictionary and add everything, this lead to getting all the ores you disabled. Since coal, iron, gold, diamonds are all default ores they will get added, but you won't get any copper, tin, silver, or lead beyond the default ore generation. Dense Ores is not adding any of the mod ores because no mod has added the mod ores to the dense ore generation. It is likely something we will see 'soon' but until then you won't get extra mod ores from a dense ore world.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
At which height do you start the quarry? Remember, that copper is only above certain heights. (Or does dense ore ignore this?)

ChickenMacNugget

Jul 29, 2019
I started the quarry at level 65, and as far as I know, tin and copper both generate most between around level 20-50.

@ItharianEngineering
That's exactly what I was afraid of. Seems like I'll have to wait until some mod (hopefully TE) gets onto the Myst API. Which means more waiting because if the FTB updates, it's likely my additional mods (eg advanced machines for IC2) will be out of date again and I wont be able to play my world anyway :C

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
I started the quarry at level 65, and as far as I know, tin and copper both generate most between around level 20-50.

@ItharianEngineering
That's exactly what I was afraid of. Seems like I'll have to wait until some mod (hopefully TE) gets onto the Myst API. Which means more waiting because if the FTB updates, it's likely my additional mods (eg advanced machines for IC2) will be out of date again and I wont be able to play my world anyway :C

actually, you shouldn't have that issue, well I've not since my 1.2.5 -> 1.4.5/6 update and that was likely due to my errors. From my experience the first time you run your world with a new forge/mod versions it will bitch and moan about versions not being correct the first time you load the world, but as long as you're using FTB configs the IDs will be the same and they continue adding new blocks to the darkspace that's unused and meta data it will not yell at you anymore after that.

ChickenMacNugget

Jul 29, 2019
I have never had the experience of blocks being added to my worlds by forge, that I've noticed. Also note that this is specifically an age added after the update to Mystcraft 0.10, so I don't think any darkspace would be generated in the world in the first place.

I really can't be sure though, I suppose the only thing I can do is wait.