Dense ore age

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

happypyro

Jul 29, 2019
Finally got my hands on the symbol, but i keep when i get there, there's this red goop, it converts other blocks to it, and it comes in purple, it kind of reminds me of taint from thaumcraft 2

Zund

Jul 29, 2019
What he means is that all dense ore ages are unstable and will decay over time, the more dense ore symbols you stack the faster it happens and the more forms of instability it can have. It's merely a way to balance how powerful the symbol is, go in quick and mine what you can by hand and get out. Don't try to set up any bases or machines because they won't last long.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
You could have searched for this and find out what it is without making a thread. It is pretty much common knowledge to most people.

Reactions: Lambert2191

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Finally got my hands on the symbol, but i keep when i get there, there's this red goop, it converts other blocks to it, and it comes in purple, it kind of reminds me of taint from thaumcraft 2

You need to add more dense ore symbols until you get one with white "goop". Then you will know you've hit the jackpot! Of goop, at least.

Reactions: Confidential1207

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
You can still grab as many miner bags as you've got, a big fat laser set to "explode" and try to outrun the decay.

You might die and stay stuck in the age permanently, but that is the cost of PROGRESS, AMIRITE? :)

happypyro

Jul 29, 2019
You need to add more dense ore symbols until you get one with white "goop". Then you will know you've hit the jackpot! Of goop, at least.
i'm not sure why, but i tested that, it crashed me...[DOUBLEPOST=1360512608][/DOUBLEPOST]
You could have searched for this and find out what it is without making a thread. It is pretty much common knowledge to most people.
tried, failed

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
i'm not sure why, but i tested that, it crashed me...

Less dense ore symbols, then. There is a happy medium between "crashing the game outright" and "no white decay" called "white decay crashes the game slowly enough for you to enjoy the process for a while longer"

And if you want to find some information, you should start at the basics. First, start with "mystcraft symbols". From there, you'll see references to "decay" and "instability". Searching those terms leads to telling you about the different ways your ages can be flawed.