Deleted an instance and world is gone

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Rangats

Apr 15, 2020
You read the title, i deleted the skyfactory 4 instance, because i had downloaded a few other modpacks and put it in the instance's mods folder, so i wanted to play LAN with friends, so i thought if i reinstall the mod it would get all the mods back to their original state, but all that happened was my worlds were deleted, any way to get the world back?

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
skyfactory 4 instance

SkyFactory 4 is not a FTB pack.

If you deleted the instance (guessing you're using the Twitch app), then you most likely removed the world saves as well.

If you need further help with SkyFactory 4 - contact the mod pack creator.

If you need support with the Twitch app - contact Twitch.

Rangats

Apr 15, 2020
Oops, i meant skyfactory 3, I launch it from the ftb desktop app, it has about 40-50 hrs of progress, would be a shame if not even backups are created outside of the instances and i can delete that much work so easily.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
You could check on disk if it's still there, but if you remove the instance folder the saves are gone as well. Look for backups as well.

Rangats

Apr 15, 2020
I've looked for backups in .minecraft folder legit used the search bar and nothing, also did that in FTBA folder, still nothing. Any way to recover a file any other way?

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Not much to do then, if you deleted it - then it's gone.

The .minecraft folder is the vanilla installation, not the same as FTB app.

If you open the launcher FTB app and then press the 3 dots ... on a pack you have installed, there's a button for "Open folder" - that will open the location of that pack - and from there you should be able to figure out the location of the other packs.

Backup folder is normally located in the packs folder, so if you deleted the pack - then that's gone as well.

Rangats

Apr 15, 2020
Well, that's a fat L, I'll be more aware from now on I guess, thanks for your help. Oh and if you can, and if you want to AND have contacts with some of the developers of FTB you should make like a fail-safe for blockheads like me, create a backup folder that needs admin privileges to delete so people don't go through the same issue.