Defense without MFFS

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

xjjon

Jul 29, 2019
I play on a modified pack server that does not have MFFS.

It is 1.5.2 so it does not have redpower but I can use MFR rednet with computercraft.

I've been using many many Iron Golems from TC3 and Ender Bees under the floor but I want something that I have more control over. I have a friend that plays with me and the Iron Golems get kind of annoying as I have to remove them everytime he comes to my base.

Someone suggested that I use tesla coils, but would it be able to detect players and not shoot only when it's me and my friend?

Note: this is mainly to defend against players snooping around.

Any ideas?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
You could perhaps use player detectors set to you and your friend, so they're on when you're not around, and off when you are

Else you could use turrets from the portal mod, it will still shoot your friend however as they shoot everything but the person who put down the turret

(2c)

Lord Wumbo

Jul 29, 2019
Obsidian Pressure Plates. Those only trip when a player walks on them. Perhaps even using a ComputerCraft terminal where you can enter a password to disable the tesla coils for a few seconds to allow entry.

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Player detector ? Detects certain players and I'm pretty sure you can set which ones send off a redstone signal ? Just connect the redstone signal to a eu splitter and invert the redstone signal !! Vola