defence

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
hey, was wondering if you guys have good solution how defend of agaist mobs.
lighting every out is boaring. i thought about the tesla coil but that thing blows me up too :D
need some defence for my house. also added some advanded shooters circuling the top but they cant shoot down when mobs are standing at the wall of my house

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
- Portal Turrets
- Force Fields
- Iron Golems
- Wolves
- Fences
- Moats/ Retractable bridges

I'll see if I can remember some more.
Any specific kind of defense you're looking for?

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
want some kind of defence that ist not really too visible, like makeing a huge fence, makeing whole thing out glass or some kind of block around my big building, not useing the mod portal guns, so that would not work. how do force fields work? never used them yet

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, well force fields are pretty visible, looks kinda like glass, so I guess that wouldn't work for you anyways.
Well, not sure if there's some invisible large anti mob defense, only thing that comes to mind is simply lighting your base and all around it.

Really the best defense against mobs is light, if they can't spawn, they can't do anything.

Would you mind posting a pic of your base, may be able to think of something better if I can see the area where your base s at.

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
1tv6no.png

Basicly need to protect that building from blowing up or so since i have barrels in their that i have upgraded an dont want to loose any stuff. Tried to put ocelots in the carts on top circeling but creepers are still their, the advanced shooter ist not working either :/
any ideas?

KowKrisis

Jul 29, 2019
I would recommend RP2 lamps on top, they come in 3 styles and have inverted versions so no levers or redstone torches needed. As for the track try lowering it, it may be to high for it to be effective. Also did you include the proper modules on the cart with the advance shooter? It needs to have the mob detection module, I forget what the actual name of it is, once you have that in the GUI of the cart you should be able to select what the advance shooter looks for.

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
ya gonna add those lamps on top still, about track i would lower it but looked cool on top, and if i lower it i need change my side that stick out a bit or the track want fit good

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
"
'the best D-fence is a good O-fence'

You know who said that?
Mel the cook on Alice."
:p

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the moat idea may still work and wouldn't look too bad.
Just make it so you have to jump to get to it and creepers should not be able to make it.

That or make some sort of bridge contraption with a presure plate on the other side that'll cut access to it/ make things on the bridge fall.

You could reinforce the inside with Warded stone/ glass from Thaumcraft, those things are basically indestructible, only thing that can (temporarily) break it is the wither, that's only if its really trying.