Deeproads Underground Pack

Flying Shoe ILR

Jul 29, 2019
What first got my excited about Minecraft many years ago was the prospect of exploring underground and discovering its many dangers and secrets. At this point though I feel there is nothing else to find down there, including what has been added in your average "Kitchen Sink" pack. I know too well what I need and what to expect down there.

Because of this, I have been wanting to put together a pack assigned around revitalizing the underground. I want to add the mystery back to it and offer enough to find and explore that I could spend little time on the surface yet never run out of things to do and see. I've drawn a lot of inspiration from the Dwemer structures in Skyrim or the Deeproads in Dragon Age. The main tenets of what I'm aiming for are listed below.

• Deeper World, at least double the depth until bedrock.
• Very large caves and systems, including underground "cave world" like biomes.
• Underground biomes with flora and fauna, enemies, etc... a kind of "Biomes O' Plenty" for caves.
• A variety of Dungeons, from small chambers to entire underground cities.
• Progression systems for dungeons.
• Increased overall danger.

I have a few mod ideas so far to help create this:

• Deadly World
• Geostrata
• Railcraft
• Biomes O' Plenty (for stalactites and other small changes)
• Cave Biomes (WhiskeyTangoFox)
• Silent Gems
• Elemental Caves

If anyone knows of good mods for creating an underground experience please leave a comment. Or if someone else has already made a pack like this point me in their direction!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Reika's Cave Biomes is one.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2
That was made by WhiskeyTangoFox, not Reika. But it's really cool.

Also, there's this mod called "Silent Gems", which adds gems that can basically be used as a replacement for TiCon.

Reactions: Flying Shoe ILR

Flying Shoe ILR

Jul 29, 2019
Really having trouble finding mods that greatly overhaul the underground. No solution so far for increasing the world depth, and most of the underground mods make minimal changes at best. Unfortunately it seems to pull off what I'm looking for would be a huge mod in and of itself, and I'm not a programmer. :/

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
I would absolutely LOVE to this see pack exist, I would to play it too of course. I don't believe a fully underground modpack exists, which is strange because that's a LOT of untapped potential.

As for suggestions, maybe Deadly World by Father Toast can add a little more hardcore spice to it? It adds things like arrow spawners, silverfish pockets, lava pockets, etc, all underground. *EDIT* NVM, you already said Deadly World :p. Theres also something called Underground Biome Constructs, but I don't know if it's only an addon to the other outdated Underground Biome mod, or if it can go by itself. Either way, I'd check it out.\

*EDIT*
Oh I totally forgot to mention, you should definitely get Hardcore Darkness mod installed on it too! It makes it so any spot with 0 light level actually look pitch black to you, instead of you still being able to see.. It should make it much more realistic and atmospheric

Reactions: Flying Shoe ILR

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Another completely underground, significantly-harder-than-normal pack is FTB Banished. It uses Kegare's Caveworld pack, among other things, has myriad types of dungeons (including user-summonable ones in return for rep...Don't try to put one near your base!) and it's all caves from Minecraft's max altitude all the way down to bedrock (and Caveworld lets interesting things happen when you finally mine through bedrock by leveling up your pickaxe/mining skill). You might want to have a look at it.