Decanting golems and moving liquids

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

brail

Jul 29, 2019
So, the thauminomicon says they can move liquids, and when I plop them on a tank, he has a slider thing to specify which liquid he moves...

But I cant get him to move any liquids. I am trying to get him to move things from ender tank to iron tank, but I also tried regular buildcraft tanks, and portable tanks, and he wont do anything at all with them.

Anyone know whats up?

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
It can only move water from a water source.

And only Tallow Golems can do that.

Plus you need to give it a bucket.

And the slider is to tell it which Marker Block to go to.

brail

Jul 29, 2019
It can only move water from a water source.

And only Tallow Golems can do that.

Plus you need to give it a bucket.

And the slider is to tell it which Marker Block to go to.

No, the Slider has images of Liquid, with text saying things like "essence" "molten aluminum" and "molten tin" and "liquid redstone"
The DECANTER golems description CLEARLY states that he can move liquid to and from containers besides water to the cauldron using his warded jar that he is holding.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
The Decanter needs marker blocks to target where he will move liquid. He takes liquid from his container and moves it to the marked one. Hence Decanter as in to decant.

So put him on a tank filled with liquid. There is a set of arrows you can set maker color with. Now sent a new tank a little bit away and put the marker next to that. He should start moving liquid from his tank to the marked tank.

brail

Jul 29, 2019
The Decanter needs marker blocks to target where he will move liquid. He takes liquid from his container and moves it to the marked one. Hence Decanter as in to decant.

So put him on a tank filled with liquid. There is a set of arrows you can set maker color with. Now sent a new tank a little bit away and put the marker next to that. He should start moving liquid from his tank to the marked tank.

I had markers, still nothing.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I had markers, still nothing.

I'm going to need to see your set up and how the gui for the golem and your maker setup to see whats wrong.

give me a few add I'll add some screen shots that show a really basic working setup.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
Hope I'm not necroing but can Decanting golems work via multi-tanks or should I set up a small tank to output like your picture shows?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Hope I'm not necroing but can Decanting golems work via multi-tanks or should I set up a small tank to output like your picture shows?

They seem to work with anything you can click a bucket on. So with the more advanced tanks you need to make sure you click the golem onto the the valve in most cases. I Had some issues with rail craft tanks but it was spotty. I would suggest starting test world and just making a test rig of what you want to do to see if it will work the way you want.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
true, I often forget to testworld things, lol. Usually I do it in my normal world and set it up better then I expect, I suppose when I feel I cant goof around I have to get it right.