Death Chest

Joseph Pearson

Jul 29, 2019
Here's the pre-alpha version. It functions with one known issue: Explosions, for whatever reason, don't trigger the tombstone.

I'm hoping to get this sorted out soon though as everything else appears to work as intended. There is no config as of yet but that will be coming. I'll setup a proper thread for this given enough interest in the mod. The original goal was just to build it out for the server I run but it seems as though there are others who would use it as well.

Attachments

• tombStone.zip
    29.1 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: Flipz and Yuka

kmos255

Jul 29, 2019
I ll try it, people on our server keep asking for a death chest and seem there is no forge mod...

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Tried it and so far seems to be working as intended. :D
The death message on the tomb could do with some more spacing tho, some messages seem too cramped.

Also, perhaps there could be a way to make a craftable version of it that can be textless/ works more like a sign (as in you can type your own text)?

Anywho, its looking great so far, will be keeping an eye out for future updates. :)

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Here's the pre-alpha version. It functions with one known issue: Explosions, for whatever reason, don't trigger the tombstone.

I'm hoping to get this sorted out soon though as everything else appears to work as intended. There is no config as of yet but that will be coming. I'll setup a proper thread for this given enough interest in the mod. The original goal was just to build it out for the server I run but it seems as though there are others who would use it as well.

Nice! I'll try adding this to DW20 later and then do some tests, I'll get back to you on how it goes. ;)

kmos255

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, just tried in solo and this is exactly what i was looking for, now i need to test this on my server.

Joseph Pearson

Jul 29, 2019
Tried it and so far seems to be working as intended. :D
The death message on the tomb could do with some more spacing tho, some messages seem too cramped.

Can you get me a screenshot so I can see what you mean?

Also, perhaps there could be a way to make a craftable version of it that can be textless/ works more like a sign (as in you can type your own text)?

The tombstone is currently craftable but doesn't yet have an interface like a sign (on the to-do list). Full details, including crafting recipe, can be found on the main Forge forums page here.

Thanks everyone for testing it out! The more feedback the better on this as it will help to hone down features and locate bugs.

kmos255

Jul 29, 2019
- Is there a timer before our tombstone vanish?

-With your 4shared download link :
TombStone_0.4.0.zip
par Joseph Pearson 32 KB | 2013-02-21 | ZIP File |

after dl i get a tombstone_0.4.0.exe
540ko

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Sweet. A toombstone. just what i needed for all the times i fall of a high place and pancake on the ground. :oops:
Can you make it so that it is movable somehow? I would really like to be able to move mine into a graveyard of some kind. altho i could just craft a blank one and label it with a sign.
Eagerly awaiting where you'l go with this. :cool:

Joseph Pearson

Jul 29, 2019
- Is there a timer before our tombstone vanish?

Not yet but that's a planned feature and will be in the config file eventually.

-With your 4shared download link :
TombStone_0.4.0.zip
par Joseph Pearson 32 KB | 2013-02-21 | ZIP File |

after dl i get a tombstone_0.4.0.exe
540ko

Not sure how you managed that but I just tried the DL link again myself and it worked just fine. I will have them in a new location soon. It put it up on my 4shared account because I couldn't post it as an attachment on the Forge forums and needed a DL there. Perhaps you clicked on one of the ads there? Might be a DL manager or something that you don't want.

Sweet. A toombstone. just what i needed for all the times i fall of a high place and pancake on the ground. :oops:
Can you make it so that it is movable somehow? I would really like to be able to move mine into a graveyard of some kind. altho i could just craft a blank one and label it with a sign.
Eagerly awaiting where you'l go with this. :cool:

I plan to have the craftable tombstone setup like a sign eventually. This would mean that when you place it you get a GUI that allows you to type out the text just like with a sign.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Can you make the latest version available on a site you don't have to make an account for?

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
well.. this mod just made it into my new LP by accident.
I forgot i tested it out yesterday, and I just had my first death in my oh so fresh LP world.
Guess it's an official part of my modpack from now on. :cool:

EDIT: BTW. I noticed you can't shift click and space click items from the grave and into your inventory.

CaseyRobinson

Jul 29, 2019
Just fell off the edge of the end (Jetpackin' around and didn't notice I was so low...) and hit a crash with this. This is with Mindcrack 8.1.1 & the 0.4.0 version of tombstone.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at TombStone.DeathEventHook.onEntityDeath(DeathEventHook.java:60)
at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler_175_DeathEventHook_onEntityDeath_PlayerDropsEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:35)
at net.minecraftforge.event.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:103)
at iq.a(EntityPlayerMP.java:339)
at md.a(EntityLiving.java:1111)
at qx.a(EntityPlayer.java:1020)
at iq.a(EntityPlayerMP.java:388)
at md.C(EntityLiving.java:2226)
at lq.y(Entity.java:555)
at md.y(EntityLiving.java:569)
at lq.j_(Entity.java:431)
at md.j_(EntityLiving.java:808)
at qx.j_(EntityPlayer.java:328)
at iq.g(EntityPlayerMP.java:286)
at iv.a(NetServerHandler.java:310)
at eb.a(SourceFile:136)
at cf.b(MemoryConnection.java:80)
at iv.d(NetServerHandler.java:136)
at iw.b(NetworkListenThread.java:57)
at bec.b(IntegratedServerListenThread.java:108)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:703)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:599)
at bdz.q(IntegratedServer.java:123)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)
at fy.run(SourceFile:849)
--- END ERROR REPORT 31a74051 ----------

b0h

Jul 29, 2019
Confirming the same problem. It happens when you fall in the Void.
It can happen also in Mystcraft ages with the Void Page, when you fall in the Void.

wipiid

Jul 29, 2019
Giving this a test right now on my FTB Ultimate server. if this works as i hope ill be the happiest guy alive!
the only thing i ever try to add are a tombstone and a chop tree mod. i consider tombstone a "corpse run" and damnit trees dont stay up when you cut them at the bottom.