Dealing with the RotaryCraft XP

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
I love RotaryCraft to bits ... but man it makes me mad sometimes!

I mined a 64x64 quarry, hooked an extractor to a gas turbine, and off we went.

As you can imagine, the amount of flakes I got was beyond ridiculous.

The gas turbine had another 15 mins of fuel in it, so I thought "I know! Friction heater to a vanilla furnace!"

So I did ... and boy I was in for a surprise!

The speed with which is burned through them was mind blowing .. like a stack every couple of secs, and it has this nasty habit of popping out an XP orb with every single ingot it makes.

As you can imagine things got ugly pretty quick .. orbs EVERYWHERE, blocking my vision wherever I went. I couldn't move, I couldn't see, I couldn't do anything! It was just xp and xp and more xp swarming around me .. and no amount of OpenBlocks grates would help. I filled out 1000's of buckets of liquid XP in tanks, and I'm still walking around with 78 xp levels on my char.

After 10 mins of watching a flashing screen of yellow and green while trying to wrestle the materials being processed so they wouldn't go to waste, I ended up dizzy, with a migraine, and on the verge of puking.

I mean, how was I supposed to deal with this ridiculous amount of XP? Is there a device that can pick it up from the ground as it's produced? Or is there a way to pick it directly from the furnace without me having to be nearby?

E3ekBTc.png

m8eolX4.png

ExnyVhA.png

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
It pops xp out of the furnaces just from smelting, so the vanilla hopper wouldn't help.

But as mentioned, the vacuum hopper works wonders. Just make sure there's somewhere for the liquid xp to go, or you'll still end up with xp orbs everywhere.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
It pops xp out of the furnaces just from smelting, so the vanilla hopper wouldn't help.

But as mentioned, the vacuum hopper works wonders. Just make sure there's somewhere for the liquid xp to go, or you'll still end up with xp orbs everywhere.
A really big RC steel tank with high priority and a low priority BC tank with a void pipe extracting from it would do nicely.

Reactions: Azzanine

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
There is also a config option to disable the xp orbs from flake smelting. I've always used bedrockium drums and vacuum hoppers personally, but if you didn't want to bother, you could just disable them.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I've used MFR sewers connected to extra big-ass tanks. Especially useful when you're using a friction heater to run the final stage of an ethanol farm.