DEAD. READ THE NOTICE. A bunch of ideas. A bunch of mods. One vision. Check it out.

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for not finishing (or really doing much of anything), i've been sick and I have a full week of school ahead, so I think I'll update/finish the post and begin setting up the dev environment by the weekend.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Any specific progress you can report? Even if it was minor (school has a way of impeeding progress)

Creeper Be Creepin

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Queue, I have an idea for TiMek. I was thinking that maybe your mod could include an alloy system somewhat like Electrodynamics where different ingots or alloys can come together to create a new alloy and the alloy's stats depend on what metals/alloys were used to create such alloy and how long the alloy was smelting/cooling. I believe that if you would have to experiment to find your perfect alloy it would make it a little bit more manual.

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
@kaiomann @SinisterBro :3
Thank you, I love drawing (though these were pretty rough sketches)
@Creeper Be Creepin
I will take your suggestion into account, though right now I am thinking of the initial versions just having "normal" alloys (essentially to make it support most major mods)
@kaovalin
Haha yes, school and rowing have kept me busy. Expect full-time development in the summer (maybe over my april break I may do some serious coding, but I expect I will be spending most of that working out and erging)[DOUBLEPOST=1395276880][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I have been discussing Ideas with Greg (GregoriousT) and I have some other mod ideas, so I may get those planned out and placed on the OP soon(tm)

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
@kaiomann @SinisterBro :3
Thank you, I love drawing (though these were pretty rough sketches)
@Creeper Be Creepin
I will take your suggestion into account, though right now I am thinking of the initial versions just having "normal" alloys (essentially to make it support most major mods)
@kaovalin
Haha yes, school and rowing have kept me busy. Expect full-time development in the summer (maybe over my april break I may do some serious coding, but I expect I will be spending most of that working out and erging)[DOUBLEPOST=1395276880][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I have been discussing Ideas with Greg (GregoriousT) and I have some other mod ideas, so I may get those planned out and placed on the OP soon(tm)

Better watch which names you drop 'round these parts. Some dont take kindly to them :)

RoyalCreeper12

Jul 29, 2019
Queue, I don't want to rush you or anything, but can you give us an estimate on when the first public release will be out? Hopefully this won't be too much of a pain to answer. :) Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Jack0928PC

Jul 29, 2019
I especially like the idea of mekanized tinkerer. Im for anything that could bring GregTech back into the mainstream. Seems to me like everyone loves to hate on Greg, personally I feel it is one of the best mod add-ons iv'e seen. Sounds like you have some solid ideas.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
I especially like the idea of mekanized tinkerer. Im for anything that could bring GregTech back into the mainstream. Seems to me like everyone loves to hate on Greg, personally I feel it is one of the best mod add-ons iv'e seen. Sounds like you have some solid ideas.

If you read those logs you showed me about oredictionary "warnings" you will learn of one reason why people hate on Greg. Its not just a player's perspective you need to have in order to fully get why there is so much controversy. Didn't want to reignite the rivalry, just giving @Jack0928PC some additional context.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
yes. i think gregtech is a more ahh "individual" mod. its great for packs built around it, but general ones? not so much. its more that it messes with other mods in ways that those dev's dont like than it being a actual "bad mod" (just my 2 cents)

Reactions: kaovalin

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you everyone.

@RoyalCreeper12
I hate vague ETAs, but I estimate that it will be released around the summer, with school and everything... hopefully I can get something out mid-april though but no promises :p

And PLEASE don't make this a Gregtech debate thread... I personally love his mod and he is a nice guy himself. If anyone disagrees (as most will) then I am fine with that.
I do understand that you guys aren't trying to turn this thread into that I'm just putting it out there.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you everyone.

@RoyalCreeper12
I hate vague ETAs, but I estimate that it will be released around the summer, with school and everything... hopefully I can get something out mid-april though but no promises :p

And PLEASE don't make this a Gregtech debate thread... I personally love his mod and he is a nice guy himself. If anyone disagrees (as most will) then I am fine with that.
I do understand that you guys aren't trying to turn this thread into that I'm just putting it out there.

Seconded. I also happen to think he is an especially talented programmer. Though people might just be satisfied just by knowing what you might currently be working on. Kinda like a teaser I guess. Then again you might be the kind of person who likes one great big reveal.

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah. This is dead. Sorry. Computer died, lost my files, got frustrated, rage quit. My new mod is also bring delayed, and found on the ic2 forum.