De-conflicting ID overlap: biomes, enchantments, dimensions

JohnnyMayHymn

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm frequently messing around with adding/removing mods and I keep finding duplicate IDs for biomes, enchantments etc.

Before I go and make a big spreadsheet, do any of you know if this has already been done for some of the more popular 1.7.10 mods?
(I'm new to modding and I don't know where all the useful info is.. yet)

If not, I'll post my work here as I'll be going through a bunch of them anyway.

I'm looking for the default values that vanilla and mod authors are using btw, not necessarily a mod that just logs all the ids, though that would be helpful in constructing a list like this.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Currently Thaumic Horizons has one where biome ID for its unused nodal dimensions is hardcoded to 69, which conflicts with, say, BoP Lush Swamp. I've had to do a temp fix with SquidUtils by converting the deadly blocks it generates to stone while I looked at the problem.

Oh, and TropicCraft registers its biomes outside the normal biome registry; this tends to be a rare case, but it did cause a conflict with CromaticCraft Rainbow Forests. It's being looked at last I heard about it.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
So, I'm frequently messing around with adding/removing mods and I keep finding duplicate IDs for biomes, enchantments etc.

Before I go and make a big spreadsheet, do any of you know if this has already been done for some of the more popular 1.7.10 mods?
(I'm new to modding and I don't know where all the useful info is.. yet)

If not, I'll post my work here as I'll be going through a bunch of them anyway.

I'm looking for the default values that vanilla and mod authors are using btw, not necessarily a mod that just logs all the ids, though that would be helpful in constructing a list like this.

RFTools and Agricraft both try to register a villager at ID 10 (RFTools actually scans but unfortunatelly does this before Agricraft tries to gets its villager at 10). Easy to fix by editing configs of either mods.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
First, pretty sure nei can create dumps for ids. Also, agricraft now uses the first available villager id from agricraft 1.4.0

Reactions: JohnnyMayHymn

JohnnyMayHymn

Jul 29, 2019
NEI data dump is the way to go, this saved me a lot of time. Does anyone know though, whether NEI will actually list duplicate IDs or just show the last one that was assigned? At any rate, it does simplify finding a vacant id slot.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

JohnnyMayHymn

Jul 29, 2019
Just did an NEI dump, without changing any biome ids myself, it assigned AM2 WitchwoodForest to 100 which is Kelp Forest in BoP.
The dump did not contain Kelp Forest at all. This confirms that NEI is great for figuring out what ids were last assigned, but it does not indicate conflicts.

Anyone know of any dump tools with more features, that maybe watches ids during initialization and shows any conflicts?

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
This saved me a lot of time when I was putting together some mods in a pack. Maybe it will be of some use to you. It saves you a lot of time by generating a total list of IDs, a list of used IDs finally unused. It also points out conflicts and explicitly identifies the conflicting mods.

JohnnyMayHymn

Jul 29, 2019
This saved me a lot of time when I was putting together some mods in a pack. Maybe it will be of some use to you. It saves you a lot of time by generating a total list of IDs, a list of used IDs finally unused. It also points out conflicts and explicitly identifies the conflicting mods.
This is awesome, thanks!

Reactions: Type1Ninja