DD1.7 - Pumping Options?

LANMind

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing on DW 1.7. What are my pumping options for oil, other than the BC pump?

Cheers!

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I think Industrialcraft has a pump, but I'm not sure how well it works compared to the BC one.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Ender-thermic pump or pump robots? again i'm not sure how well these do compared to the bc pump for oil. I usually use a BC pump as preference for oil.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Enderthermic is just for lava. In fact, I think it will only work in the Nether at that.
Nope. Works in all dimensions unless blacklisted in the configs. Works for all kinds of liquids too unless disabled in the configs.

Check this out on reddit.

Lohengrin

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. Works in all dimensions unless blacklisted in the configs. Works for all kinds of liquids too unless disabled in the configs.

Check this out on reddit.

Huh. Well then, I stand corrected. :) Could have sworn that was the way it was. Maybe that was an older build and it has since changed but I had long ago written it off? *shrug* Anyway, I'm wrong...It happens. Alot actually, sigh.

LANMind

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, come to think of it, I did pump lava out of the Twilight Forest. I'll try oil in the overworld (after Gotham) and report back.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. Well then, I stand corrected. :) Could have sworn that was the way it was. Maybe that was an older build and it has since changed but I had long ago written it off? *shrug* Anyway, I'm wrong...It happens. Alot actually, sigh.
It is kind of new, I think it was added in for 1.7.10.

It works only in the nether and on lava only back in 1.6.4 IIRC.

LANMind

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, it works - sort of :/

It does pump, and fast, but only the source blocks straight down. The rest of the chamber is still full of oil, with a column of stone up through the middle of it.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, it works - sort of :/

It does pump, and fast, but only the source blocks straight down. The rest of the chamber is still full of oil, with a column of stone up through the middle of it.
Ah yes, use BC pump for oil. Might be some special coding to cope with how oil spawn is like.
Come to think of it, the ETP isn't exactly best since it replaces the block it pumped with stone...

Lohengrin

Jul 29, 2019
It is kind of new, I think it was added in for 1.7.10.

It works only in the nether and on lava only back in 1.6.4 IIRC.

Well, I feel better about myself then, appreciate the frame of reference. Hate giving wrong information, and old information is slightly better. Heh.