Dartcraft and the force wrench

huldu

Jul 29, 2019
I've never used it before but tried it out last night and it blew my mind. I had no idea you could even "pick" up a block in minecraft and it would keep all the settings etc intact. Are there other mods that have had a similar tool like this? I'm just surprised that I've never seen this before. I was moving my chests around and actually had fun for once doing that. Anyways, I'm glad I finally gave dartcraft a go, liking a lot of the features it adds to the game.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
One of the new items in Thaumic Tinkerer is a wand focus that stores an item similar to the force wrench.

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
Portal Guns can move chests around too, although they apparently stay oriented the direction they were before when you place them, no matter what direction they're oriented when they're picked up.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I've never used it before but tried it out last night and it blew my mind. I had no idea you could even "pick" up a block in minecraft and it would keep all the settings etc intact. Are there other mods that have had a similar tool like this?
It's a fairly controversial item, apparently serializing* any Tile Entity can be quite dangerous depending on what the mod does. It seems fairly safe on chests, but don't try it on tile entities that actively do stuff, like Redstone Energy Cells - not that you should need to, as TE has its own tool to pick them up and keep their settings safely. I've used it on ME Export Buses to move them around while keeping their config, but I backed up my world before trying it. King Lemming has described the Force Wrench as an item that "should not exist". It's awesome, but be careful with it, and back up your world regularly!

*Serializing means taking a complex data structure and converting it to a linear stream of data that can be used to re-create the data structure later on.

Reactions: Tristam Izumi

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
I've used it on ME Export Buses to move them around while keeping their config

Depending on your version of AE, this behaviour comes out of the box.

But yeah, be very careful what you're wrenching. I've had to delete my player files a couple of times because of dodgy wrenched items. Not lost a world quite yet, thankfully.