Dark Tower, cannot enter?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Gourry29

Jul 29, 2019
I am sort of at a loss , i killed the naga got the trophy, killed the lich a few times to get all 3 scepters but seems that in-game achievement does not work(same with the armor btw) killed the minoshroom hen the hydra, now i stand before dark fortress and cannot enter, i cannot even drink the fiery blood. so what did i do wrong if anything and can it be fixed?

I am using Technic launcher and the 1.7.10 pack

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
It can take any of the trophies. In 1.6.4, there wasn't any forced progression so you could go wherever you wanted, but you needed one of the boss trophies to get into the Knight Stronghold. I'm also pretty sure that the trophy pedestal would look weird with only 3 boss heads to put on the sides.

Gourry29

Jul 29, 2019
It can take any of the trophies. In 1.6.4, there wasn't any forced progression so you could go wherever you wanted, but you needed one of the boss trophies to get into the Knight Stronghold. I'm also pretty sure that the trophy pedestal would look weird with only 3 boss heads to put on the sides.

So 4 lich ones would work?

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Do you get blindness in the dark forest, where the stronghold is? Only things I can think of that would keep the Pedestal from activating is that you skipped progression or a bug of some sort.

Gourry29

Jul 29, 2019
yeah i still get blindness, and i went in this order too: Naga, Lich, Minishroom, Hydra. was that wrong? and can it be fixed if so?

Also of note could not get the TWF achievements for making naga armor and all 3 scepters.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
You shouldn't need the Naga Armor or all 3 scepters to progress. You can always look in the achievements menu to see what you missed, if you haven't already. A lot of the issues people have is picking up items in the wrong order. Iirc, the progression wants you to pick up the naga trophy before the naga scales, Lich trophy before the scepter, etc.

Gourry29

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if its fixable since i am not person who hosts the server. like if i killed another naga, lich, hydra and minoshroom or something

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
The main progression quest should just be picking up specific items. You should just be able to drop the item and pick it back up for the achievement to complete. The items in order should, iirc, be the Naga trophy, Scale, Lich trophy, scepter, Meef Stroganoff, Hydra Trophy, Fiery Blood, and then you should be allowed into the Goblin Knight Stronghold if you put a trophy on the pedestal. The the Knight phantoms should drop a Phantom Helm, which should complete the achievement that unlocks the Dark tower. Then the Ur-Ghast drops its trophy.

If it won't complete, then I really don't know how to fix it other than having the server owner turn forced progression off in the configs.

The config they're looking for is this one:
# Enforced progression through Twilight Forest dungeons/areas.
B:EnforcedProgression=true

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Check your achievements screen, and make sure you really do have the right achievement unlocked. Maybe your achievements glitched and you don't actually have them marked as completed.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
I use to love twilight forest, but thanks to the forced progression I've gotten screwed over a few times on first entry. Right now in my current world my portal is just over a river by a dark forest that goes around and consumes a large area, and not far from there is a hill covered in throwns and then the firelands...

needless to say I'm stuck.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I use to love twilight forest, but thanks to the forced progression I've gotten screwed over a few times on first entry. Right now in my current world my portal is just over a river by a dark forest that goes around and consumes a large area, and not far from there is a hill covered in throwns and then the firelands...

needless to say I'm stuck.
Well... You could cheat in a couple RFTools teleporters (those are enabled in DW20, right?) or teleporters from another mod and set up a system at your portal, then fly ALL the way over the hazards in creative and put down another teleporter set. Then you can teleport back and forth from your portal to a safe area, which, while not exactly legit, is necessary. :)