Cyclic Assembler Help needed badly!

S

Sam Borgman

Hi guys. My first post. Started playing DW20 couple of weeks ago, my first serious modded world. I'm so addicted. I managed to make the x64 Culinary Generator only to find out it only speeds up things, doesn't produce x64 energy. Anywho, I was making Cake in RFtools Crafter Tier 3 but this thing has no modification options.

So just made a Cyclic Assembler. Now, the problem is my wheat->flour production is much less than eggs and sugar. Even if I choke the egg and sugar servos to minimum, the Assembler inventory still gets filled with those 2 things and milk, leaving no room for flour to come in.

I can see there are things called Augments. There's one that destroys all excess items. Not good. Is there any way I can get Assembler to keep x amount of eggs and sugar and not more? I really hope so, otherwise this system is just not going to work on it's own for more than few minutes. Please help!

Last edited:

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
With knowledge of lua you can use computercraft
Extra Utils transfer nodes can do that, too, but are a bit fiddly
If you like to go crazy you can use Buildcraft gates and filtered buffers
Best option would be Logistic Pipes, because the supplier pipe can actively request missing items from your mass storage so you need no buffer for all the ressources near the assembler.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Transfer nodes are actually the simplest option. Make three, one on each input chest. So one for eggs, and one for sugar, and one for flour. Then plug a rationing pipe between them and the Cyclic Assembler. A ration pipe will keep just one stack of an item in the inventory it's connected to, and so you'll get a stack of eggs, sugar, and flour.

You might also get into Thaumcraft, and use a lamp of Growth to accelerate your wheat field.

S

Sam Borgman

Thanks guys! Transfer nodes + rationing pipe was totally the simplest for me. Don't know anything about Taumcraft yet. With constant supply of cakes this x64 gen can charge an 80M cell so fast! Now need to make 2 more layers of wheat farm. :)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Thaumcraft isn't too bad to get into, though you'll want to know that water plus earth equals life. That's the one thing you have to have early on, that you will almost never find for scanning. Combine those two in the research table you make early on and it opens the remainder of the mod.

S

Sam Borgman

Thaumcraft isn't too bad to get into, though you'll want to know that water plus earth equals life. That's the one thing you have to have early on, that you will almost never find for scanning. Combine those two in the research table you make early on and it opens the remainder of the mod.

Thanks for the tip! I will get into it for sure after tackling a couple more things :)

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
The 2 rows of input inventory can be set to separate sides. This is true for other TE machines as well. Translocators are often forgotten but can be set to keep a specific number of items in an inventory.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Separate sides is good, but he needs three things input. So it'd end up with two chock full inputs and no room for the third.

Translocators is also an excellent idea, which I forgot was even in the pack.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Separate sides is good, but he needs three things input. So it'd end up with two chock full inputs and no room for the third.

Translocators is also an excellent idea, which I forgot was even in the pack.

If he's not running out of either eggs or sugar, he could split one row between them and leave the 2nd row for the wheat as it comes in, but translocators or rationing pipes are the better easy solution with 3 or more ingredients.