custom modpack question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ianno1993

Jul 29, 2019
Dear Pahicraft people and forum people,

I own with a friend of me a server from Creeperhost, but we have a problem with a question at the end.

we have a decent server with FTB modpacks like Direwolf20 and now Mindcrack. but we had a problem. the server crashes and the world was corrupted. so we started a new world, with a new modpack. we liked the Direworlf20 modpack more, but we think the Mindcrack is more suitable for servers. but we didn't like all the mods who are included and we are missing some mods.

my question after this is if we are able to create a own modpack. if we can, how we are able to contact them the best way. for asking permission. because i don't want to spam you guys, because i think that is happening enough already.

and do anyone of you know a tut to make your own modpack? or do you have any tips for doing it? if there is no tut for it, i will make one if i'm able to do it. if you say it's okay.

i hope you want to spend some time to help me, if not i'm fine with it. you already done a awesome job! but if you do. you would make us very happy. :)

greets,
from The Netherlands,
Ianno

ps. im sorry for my bad grammar and spelling. and i hope i posted this at the right place :)

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
1. It is Forgecraft not Pahicraft.

2. First make a list for mods that you want.

3. After that install the mods, and if there are any problems, then fix it.

4. Get permission from the mod authors.

5. Put together a credits page, and release it.

ianno1993

Jul 29, 2019
okay, im sorry, but im so used to say pahicraft -.- but thanks. i will try that, but do you, or anyone have tips/tutorial to make a stable modpack? because i don't have any experience with making a modpack. let alone with a multiplayer modpack/server modpack.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Are you looking to base your pack off FTB or make something new. Depending on what mods you use, I think that you probably won't get permissions unless it is a private pack. When the private pack feature eventually comes out, you could also use that. To start off making a mod pack though, I would suggest adding mods one by one to MultiMC and seeing if you have problems. If so, it's config time!

ianno1993

Jul 29, 2019
Are you looking to base your pack off FTB or make something new. Depending on what mods you use, I think that you probably won't get permissions unless it is a private pack. When the private pack feature eventually comes out, you could also use that. To start off making a mod pack though, I would suggest adding mods one by one to MultiMC and seeing if you have problems. If so, it's config time!

hhmm okay, i will try that! i will let you know if that works!