Cursed earth spawner

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
Right I totally missed that one, my bad!

Though I still blame you for breaking the despawning debate

;-)

I usually deserve blame for something or another, especially if you've been listening to my wife.

Feydaway

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm...playing DW20 1.6.4 and I just built my cursed earth spawner underneath my base. To my surprise, it continues to spawn and grind away even when I'm not online! I thought that a chunk loader wouldn't work on it...but, when I logged in after a night away I found over 100 bows, tons of gunpowder, hundreds of buckets of mob essence and more in my storage. Yikes! Now I wish I COULD turn it off...

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm...playing DW20 1.6.4 and I just built my cursed earth spawner underneath my base. To my surprise, it continues to spawn and grind away even when I'm not online! I thought that a chunk loader wouldn't work on it...but, when I logged in after a night away I found over 100 bows, tons of gunpowder, hundreds of buckets of mob essence and more in my storage. Yikes! Now I wish I COULD turn it off...
I know you are joking, but look into Tinkers' drawbridges for cheap and easy cursed earth spawner control. Just flick a switch and bam, your cursed earth is tucked safely away. Requires a little setup to work properly but it is really nice for those of us who like to linker with our spawners constantly(or just want to be able to turn the darned things off).

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
It does work on my server I use drawbridges and its working while I'm offline but only if I was near it when I go offline
I got a void chest for the bows cause it was filling up my whole AE network.

Reactions: Feydaway

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
It does work on my server I use drawbridges and its working while I'm offline but only if I was near it when I go offline

I've got about 15 disks worth of armour loot from them, because it kept on stopping and I hadn't gotten around to dealing with the armour, so I added more disks

15 seems to be where there's enough item types for it to start stacking things up now

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
I've got about 15 disks worth of armour loot from them, because it kept on stopping and I hadn't gotten around to dealing with the armour, so I added more disks

15 seems to be where there's enough item types for it to start stacking things up now

You can combine them to make new armor with them then put them in a TiC smeltery to get a nice loot of ingots back, I got around 7 stack of gold this way yet, but they have to be brand new to work in the smeltery, damaged armor won't smelt at all (it would be OP if it was working anyway)

Feydaway

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah, I installed a trash can.

dozbot

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to bump an old thread, but Im trying hard to find out a way to fix my cross dimension/age spawners to get them to spawn mobs while im offline. I am using cursed earth mob farms, 10x10 format using four grinders per. I've got one set up in my mystcraft age, one in the End and I had one in my overworld base. All of them are chunkloaded, but none of them continue to work while I am offline. I am playing on my own server, using the FTB monster pack.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Sorry to bump an old thread, but Im trying hard to find out a way to fix my cross dimension/age spawners to get them to spawn mobs while im offline. I am using cursed earth mob farms, 10x10 format using four grinders per. I've got one set up in my mystcraft age, one in the End and I had one in my overworld base. All of them are chunkloaded, but none of them continue to work while I am offline. I am playing on my own server, using the FTB monster pack.

IIRC, mobs will only spawn if there's a player within 128 blocks of them.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
As @Padfoote said, these spawners require a player within 128 blocks to spawn as they in essence just direct natural mob spawns to their block instead of randomly distributed

Reactions: Padfoote