Cursed Earth Question.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

godlikekane

Jul 29, 2019
does lighting up caves increase the spawn rate? seem pretty slow, if not what can i do to make it better?

Jack0928PC

Jul 29, 2019
does lighting up caves increase the spawn rate? seem pretty slow, if not what can i do to make it better?
Yes, Lighting up caves decreases the available spawning space in which mobs can spawn. It is very tedious but extremely effective. There is a better way to remove mobs from spawning in caves and on the surface with an item called the Magnum Torch. This eliminates mobs from spawning in a 64x64 area (to my understanding this is the area of effect). This will eliminate all mob spawns within that area except for mobs spawned from a spawner. But since you are using it to improve spawns on cursed earth, it would seem like your only option is lighting up caves.

Reactions: godlikekane

Ozzymud2

Jul 29, 2019
I have a buddy who came up with the idea of using drawbridges to extend cursed earth. his solution for more spawns was more earth... the last design featured 40 opposing bridges in 2 layers... a total of 600 cursed earth blocks. Without lighting caves this produced an almost steady stream of essence into a steel tank. Even running an auto-spawner full time the tank still filled.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, Lighting up caves decreases the available spawning space in which mobs can spawn. It is very tedious but extremely effective. There is a better way to remove mobs from spawning in caves and on the surface with an item called the Magnum Torch. This eliminates mobs from spawning in a 64x64 area (to my understanding this is the area of effect). This will eliminate all mob spawns within that area except for mobs spawned from a spawner. But since you are using it to improve spawns on cursed earth, it would seem like your only option is lighting up caves.

Unless you put the torch at Y=5 and put the cursed earth at Y>70

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
Just mark out the middle of your cursed earth trap, then go to each side from the last block 64 blocks, pop a Magnum Torch and your set, no need to light shit up.