Curse launcher offline

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Is there a hidden exe or something to launch the minecraft instance of my curse modpack that I can use while not going to the curse launcher? If you are online the curse launcher, while still a heap of garbage constantly being sprayed with febreeze of communication crap I'll never use, works. But if you are offline, the launcher turns into a gerbil on a running wheel for all eternity. It will even taunt you by giving you the option of going offline, and still that gerbil will continue to run on that wheel.

So to bypass horrible software, does anybody know where I go by default to find the executable minecraft launcher that launches my instance?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
What I did was installed MultiMC, created a new profile for 1.7.10 (or whatever version you're using obviously), clicked install forge for the right version, then copied all of the world/config/mod/resourcepack/shaderpack folders over to the new location. Works like a champ every time so far.

Reactions: zBob

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
You don't need MultiMC for that, the default Mojang launcher can have multiple minecraft installs each in their own directory.

(not saying MultiMC is bad, just that you don't need it)