Cross community games

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Frog@SC2Mafia

Jul 29, 2019
Hello SF-115!

My name is Frog, I'm from SC2mafia.com. I'm in the process of creating a proposed setup of 20 players amongst 10 of our players and 10 of your site's players. It is planned to be hosted on MU and not include anonymous accounts. I'm at a stage where I've put together a bland balanced setup and am creating rolecards and adding flavor to the setup.

I'd like to communicate with you guys for a few reasons:
1) We all play Mafia! It's awesome to meet other players and expand our player bases.
2) We'd like to exchange our site metas and strategies and learn from each other.
3) I'd like your input before completing this setup- This ranges to everything
i. Balancing - detection immunity, charges, roles etc.
ii. Roles - We need to discuss clarity on roles- abilties OoO, etc.
iii. Anonymous vs. Public - The advantage to public is having an understanding of your fellow players metas, the disadvantage is that is disables any disguiser/ventrilloquist roles.
4) It's time to start thinking about who from your site you want to play in this setup. I can tell you that the demand from my site is such that there will inevitably be overflow and we will have to come to some sort of consensus on who will be playing.
5) Expected gameplay - Obviously there are the standard rules of no OoGC etc., but what should be the expected post count? I understand Thingyman has matched us up in terms of activity already, but we should establish this before picking our players.

Please feel free to give me a prod over at sc2mafia or on Skype. Shoot me a pm so we can finalize the setup and set the date, or any questions you may have.

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/33475-Special-Event-Cross-Community-(20-players)

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Pinging @Shazam08 because I'm pretty sure I've seen discussion in this subforum from you about this before.
Yep, that was me. Thanks!

I've just signed up for this sub-forum.

Can you send me the appropriate link?
We've been talking about it over in the Werewolf Organization thread, which is our main hub for discussing and coordinating games. Here's where the cross-community game first came up.

I'll shoot you a PM on SC2mafia, and maybe get a skype thing going with the rest of the guys. Hang on.

Reactions: Padfoote