Creosote Oil??

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

GrimmDraco

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I've come across another problem that I could use some help with. Trying to build a rail system for my mines and I'm having problems building the track. I need to make some wooden ties but the recipe calls for Creosote Buckets. So I looked that up which has to methods...1 is in a coke oven, which apparently is not something that can be made right now and the other is through the Liquid Transposer. Problem is, where do you find Creosote Oil? Sorry if this is a simple fix, I've tried looking it up online and not had much luck.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
You will have to make a coke oven to create creosote oil. The transposer will transfer the liquid from a source and put it into a bucket for you (but that's all).

I personally like pumping it into a Iron tank (railcraft) and then you can just click the tank with a bucket/can/cell to fill them.

Ldog

Jul 29, 2019
The coke oven is the only way. The liquid transposer doesnt actually make liquids, it lets you move them in or out of containers and make redstone energy devices.
You need to build a coke oven and then load it full of coal or wood and then wait forever and a day. See the Railcraft wiki for more info on creosote and Thermal Expansion for the liquid transposer.

maylith

Jul 29, 2019
Also, coke ovens take a good long while to go through a stack of coal.....so you may want to start one as soon as possible. Building a coke oven means making 26 coke oven bricks (recipe in NEI), then placing those brings in a 3X3X3 pattern with the middle space of the middle layer left open. When you place the last brick, the coke oven will come to life.

GrimmDraco

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys, once again your a ton of help. I figured it out after realizing its something you must build yourself in the world..my coke oven is running and producing now. Now I'm going to build me an Iron Tank and pump the Creosote Oil into it.

Mrperch

Jul 29, 2019
You will have to make a coke oven to create creosote oil. The transposer will transfer the liquid from a source and put it into a bucket for you (but that's all).

I personally like pumping it into a Iron tank (railcraft) and then you can just click the tank with a bucket/can/cell to fill them.

I can't make the coke oven...recipe is non-existent....can anyone help??

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I can't make the coke oven...recipe is non-existent....can anyone help??
Holy Necromancy, Batman! This was last posted on in 2012; the "Ask A Simple Question" thread would have been the right place for this! Likewise, if you'd actually READ the thread, you would have been given the answer - you make coke oven bricks and build a multiblock in the world!

Reactions: ICountFrom0

Mrperch

Jul 29, 2019
Are you guys talking to me? What I am trying to explain is:

I cannot craft the coke oven...I cannot craft anything that will give me creosote oil (even in the now updated FTB Beyond modpack)

I know the recipe, I have done this a million times, but I think the modpack forgot to add this or something?!?!

Ill go to the ask the simple question now though