CreeperHost Questions

Zowkaii

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I have been wondering about CreeperHost and came up with some questions:

Can you disable certain mods?

Can you edit (mod and server) configs?

Do bukkit plugins work normally?

Will a 'Slime' package good for 3 players?

and

Does CreeperHost have good customer service?

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Disable mods: Yes you can, just use FTP to access the server and remove them from the mods folder.
Edit Configs: Yes you can, just copy the configs using FTP to your computer, edit them, then send them back to the server using FTP.
Plugins: No, Bukkit plugins are not supported by Forge. However using MCPC+ will allow you to use Bukkit plugins with Forge.
Will Slime hold 3 people?: Yes, however the low amount of memory my require limiting the amount of chunk loaders or complex, laggy machines.
Does Creeperhost have good customer service: Yes, from what I understand they have quick response times, and are the FTB sponser for a reason. Keep in mind the people helping you are only human, they have to sleep too, so don't expect to get help at 3 in the morning reliably.

Link to MCPC+: http://ci.md-5.net/job/MCPC-Plus-Legacy/
And yes, this is the right spot for these kind of questions, if you have any others feel free to ask.

Zowkaii

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions! I just have a few more.
Can you choose the seed?
what is FTP, and how would I use it?
can you download/copy the world when you want to?
and,
what counts as a laggy machine?

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Choosing seed: Yes, in server.properties, located in the same folder as the main jar.
FTP = File Transfer Protocol
You can use Filezilla or WinSCP to use it.
World copying: Yes you can, just stop the server before using FTP to transfer stuff.
Laggy machine: Anything spammed a lot is laggy, try to avoid lots of relays, tubes, arcane bores, and maybe frame machines.

TheDJParadox

Jul 29, 2019
Not going to answer main questions as they have been answered perfectly already. Creeperhosts support is absolutely top- notch, they are friendly and efficient I'm fixing any issues that you should have with your server.

Zowkaii

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the answers, guys. I'm getting a server soon, but I can't really invite you since it's so small.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Perfectly fine, I am running my own server at the moment anyways, so have fun.

Let me know if you got any more questions.

Zowkaii

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that it was Ultimate. Do I need a bigger server for this? My cousin thinks 1gb won't run singleplayer on FTB without lag, and Slime comes with 1gb. Could I upgrade before buying? I have the invoice but I havn't payed yet. Could I cancel it, or should I just request a new one? I am confused, Please help! :(

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate with 3 people could strain the server quite a bit. The suggested amount of memory per player is 512mb to 1gb. I would suggest going up one tier. Cancel the invoice and make a new one with the new plan.

YMMV, you could try with 1gb, but you might start to notice lag after reaching mid - end game.

TheDJParadox

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the answers, guys. I'm getting a server soon, but I can't really invite you since it's so small.

If you need any technical help along the way, throw me a PM on here and I'll see what I can do.

TheDJParadox

Jul 29, 2019
System>Login details (on the CP). Next you need to download a client capable of SFTP. FileZilla would be a good example. Then connect up with the details provided.

TheDJParadox

Jul 29, 2019
DZCreeper said:
I have not personally used the Creeperhost control panel, but most control panels have rudimentary FTP access built in.

FTP is just a service they have running on your server, so you can connect with any FTP client.

FileZilla or WinSCP work fine for this.

https://filezilla-project.org/

http://winscp.net/eng/index.php
CreeperHost don't have a built in FTP. FileZilla or WinSCP should be ideal. However, it does have a built-in config editor.