creeperhost questions

allmyr

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I have some questions about creeperhost, for you who use it.

1. When you rented the server, how long did it take before you could play on the server? Mine says "pending" and has done so since yesterday, when I ordered the server.

2. How do you set up a FTB ultimate server? Do you need a program like FileZilla or is it easier than that?

Edit: I have another question: Is 3 gigs of ram enough for a 10 player ultimate server?

dragonhippie

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I have some questions about creeperhost, for you who use it.

1. When you rented the server, how long did it take before you could play on the server? Mine says "pending" and has done so since yesterday, when I ordered the server.

2. How do you set up a FTB ultimate server? Do you need a program like FileZilla or is it easier than that?

Edit: I have another question: Is 3 gigs of ram enough for a 10 player ultimate server?

1. It takes them a bit to accept your payment, as they have to check your payments and if they could fit you in for a server. (so probably another 12-24 hours.)
2. They should have a Gui where you can edit files and etc. Or once you have the server, You can go into the Customer service and ask them to kindly setup the server, But they usually ask you where you can get the files and other details, But im sure they would be happy enough to do it. If you dont want to ask, Filezilla would be a good option, even without having to put files into the server, filezilla is just a good program overall, so you can check configs of your server, where ever you are. And makes it easier to access the server without logging to the Service Panel all the time :\.

3. 3gigs for 10 people... they should have the "recommended" players in a server below the package details. BUT, saying that, Ftb (especially Ultimate pack) takes a fair bit of server specs to run, so i would go with the recommended players to be 20-30 for a 10 person server. But if you would like to try, i would like to hear feedback on how the server is handling on the 3gigs, but personally, More is better, But you dont need that much more. :p

allmyr

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, nice! I'm still waiting for the server, but it'll probably be up today :D
Thanks!

Ralms

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there,

Im a CreeperHost client and I have the spider pack, so 3GB Ram.

Im using the Mindcrack pack with 2600MB Ram plus TS3 and MySQL installed and you can run at least 14 people in there no problem.

If you read the FAQ at creeperhost website you would have seen all your answers.
So the server setup time is not related to the tech team but the office team. They have to check your payment to see if its legit. After that the tech team takes around 10/15min to put the server running.
The Office team its only open from 9am GMT to 17pm GMT or something like that.

With Creeper Host you have full control of your server so the way you can upload your files is by using FTP and you will find the details for that in the Creeper Panel.
Although you have full control of the server, take in mind that some actions can void the support agreement such as not using the CreeperPanel and using McMyAdmin.

Hope it helps,
Ralm.

P.S.: You wont regret CreeperHost, they are a proper Host =)

allmyr

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there,

Im a CreeperHost client and I have the spider pack, so 3GB Ram.

Im using the Mindcrack pack with 2600MB Ram plus TS3 and MySQL installed and you can run at least 14 people in there no problem.

If you read the FAQ at creeperhost website you would have seen all your answers.
So the server setup time is not related to the tech team but the office team. They have to check your payment to see if its legit. After that the tech team takes around 10/15min to put the server running.
The Office team its only open from 9am GMT to 17pm GMT or something like that.

With Creeper Host you have full control of your server so the way you can upload your files is by using FTP and you will find the details for that in the Creeper Panel.
Although you have full control of the server, take in mind that some actions can void the support agreement such as not using the CreeperPanel and using McMyAdmin.

Hope it helps,
Ralm.

P.S.: You wont regret CreeperHost, they are a proper Host =)
Thanks for the info! Didn't notice the FAQ, guess I was too excited for the server ;)
Still waiting for it though, while waiting I set up a trial server and it activated directly :p

Stoneleet

Jul 29, 2019
I just setup a server with them on Monday.. all went smooth. and it was easy to install the .jar i wanted Make sure you download client side server programs so you can edit your ops and whitelist.

allmyr

Jul 29, 2019
Out of curiosity, which server did you rent? (slime, spider, et.c) Because I rented mine on monday, too, but maybe it takes different time for different servers, or maybe I'm just unlucky :(

Stoneleet

Jul 29, 2019
i went with the spider option.. paid the extra $5 to have them set it up. They did my setup very quickly... however, I had contacted them on Saturday asking question before placing my order on Monday, so maybe that fast tracked me. I also paid via paypal.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be honest, stock is being a pain lately, we're getting a lot of orders ;P I'm sorry for any delays, I understand you're eager to play and I am being overworked to get new nodes up daily so that we can accommodate for your server.

Reactions: allmyr

allmyr

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be honest, stock is being a bitch lately, we're getting a lot of orders ;P I'm sorry for any delays, I understand you're eager to play and I am being overworked to get new nodes up daily so that we can accommodate for your server.
I actually got a message on my phone yesterday, saying that it was up but I didn't have access to my computer so I didn't edit the post, ;)
By the way, I love the one step install for FTB, my friends and I will have a blast playing!

Edit: I couldn't connect to my server because it said I needed Twilight Forest 1.15.4, but I only have 1.15.3. Both the Server and my client are using Ultimate 1.0.1. It was, however, a super easy fix. Everything I had to do was to install 1.15.4 manually.
P.S. I'm not getting any lag whatsoever, it's great!

Juichi

Jul 29, 2019
So the minimum wait time is 12 hours? No less? Hmm... Guess I'll do a trial server while I wait. :)

Eranthe

Jul 29, 2019
I signed up for creeperhost at approximately 3:30 EDT (7:30 GMT) today... just saw on the FAQ that the billing staff isn't back until Monday morning. Am I not going to have a functioning server until Monday? They've already debited my Paypal account for the money!

ronan75

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure billing is automatic. Just give it time. I haven't had to wait more then a day to get things up and running with them.

Juichi

Jul 29, 2019
If you pay through paypal, it's automated.

If bank transfers or wire transfers, billing staffs have to do it.

I ordered this morning so I can wait. :)

Eranthe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm antsy to get on and start building. There's only so many hours before work on Monday!

Eranthe

Jul 29, 2019
It has been about 22 hours now. No change in my pending status. Apparently ordering from CreeperHost on a Friday afternoon is a bad plan. They charge you, then don't let you play!

Joviah

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it has anything to do with ordering on a Friday. I've been waiting for my order since Wednesday. I kinda had this weekend set aside for server setup time but... That's most likely not going to happen at this rate.