Creating Taint

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Richard Xu

Jul 29, 2019
Surprisingly, I need taint right now... I want to turn one of those super powerful hungry nodes into tainted nodes, so I can energize it safely... But I removed all the taints from my world with ethereal blooms and silverwood trees! How can I create lots of that but in control? Will a crucible taint work?

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
You can just setup a crucible somewere, And just keep throwing something basic in it too have it keep over flowing with essentia(eventually it should start taint)

Newest version of Thaumcraft has "Bottled Taint" you can make.... ahhh thoose poor idiot villagers never seen it coming !

Reactions: PierceSG

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
You can just setup a crucible somewere, And just keep throwing something basic in it too have it keep over flowing with essentia(eventually it should start taint)

Newest version of Thaumcraft has "Bottled Taint" you can make.... ahhh thoose poor idiot villagers never seen it coming !

That doesnt work, Ive tried. Flux goo is just annoying, doesnt cause taint. It should, though. Dunno if you can change it to a sinister or pure node.

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
That doesnt work, Ive tried. Flux goo is just annoying, doesnt cause taint. It should, though. Dunno if you can change it to a sinister or pure node.
Doesnt it ahve to be touching Dirt?
I thought this was one of the reasons you want to build a stone wall instead of a dirt 9x9 for your crucible?

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Well I tried creating taint once with several crucibles spilling goo all over a mountain and down the sides. Nothing became tainted.

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Found something:
Creating a Tainted Area

Making this machine will quickly pollute your zone with taint, if you are attempting to spread a tainted area; after the first tainted block appears, the taint will spread quickly, so be careful. If you want have a controlled area, you need use Silverwood or Totem of Dawn to control the spread.

Also, make Concentrated Taint potions and throw them in the zone you want to corrupt until the taint bar gets full. (TC 2.0.2)

Source: http://thaumcrafttwo.wikia.com/wiki/Taint

Last edited:

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Surely theres a tainted node somewhere.
You can remove the taint biome + athmosphere but I think nodes are unaffected(not sure)
If you know a place where a Taint biome was you could possibly look there with goggles of revealing to find one

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
If you can't use the latest version of TC which includes bottled taint:

You can:
1. Use a staff with the primal focus. Empty that mofo at a mountain / obsidian plate if you don't want to destroy lots of terrain. It will propably create one or two block of tainted biome (with fibrous taint even but that could be blasted off by all the detonations).
2. Spawn in a tainted sheep from creative mode. This will create tainted biome (and fibrous taint) as it grazes.
3. Spawn in a tainted creeper and provoke it into blowing up.
4. Search your world for tainted biome. Its gotta be there somewhere.
5. Chuck lots of stuff into a crucible. Lots and lots. Then some more. In sufficient quantities purple goop can cause a patch of tainted biome to spawn. (I don't know it it will spawn with fibrous taint so it might not be obvious).

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
well, seeing as a tainted biome is actually a biome, if you keep spamming mystcraft ages you could get (un)lucky and get an age that has a taint biome as one of the modifiers

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Another idea I had, setup a infusion crafting system with no skulls/candles around, pick the infusion with the highest instability run it without any essentia around and watch it go! (That is if it's set in the configuration to do that, it can be turned off)

And one more thought I had. I've never actually seen a tainted node, I have made one Reactorcraft nuclear waste works takes a long time to change a node this way.

Plus playing around with the new primal orbs , I have changed a pure node too sinister in a test world, I'm sure if you were to pop enough of the orbs you could create a tainted version.

Last edited:

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Another idea I had, setup a infusion crafting system with no skulls/candles around, pick the infusion with the highest instability run it without any essentia around and watch it go! (That is if it's set in the configuration to do that, it can be turned off)

And one more thought I had. I've never actually seen a tainted node, I have made one Reactorcraft nuclear waste works takes a long time to change a node this way.

Plus playing around with the new primal orbs , I have changed a pure node too sinister in a test world, I'm sure if you were to pop enough of the orbs you could create a tainted version.

Changing a hungry node to sinister or pure would be better than tainted, no? I must play around with these orbs you speak of.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
The only way to get pure is silverwood or run around and live by the RNGesus, I'll get some pictures up tomorrow showing the effects(the rotarycraft EMP one is the best hahaha)

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
mehhh I don't have any pictures from when I tainted a node with Nuclear Waste, I do have pictures of my EMP journeys though just did it again today.

Taint version not possible as far as I can tell. (I popped about 32 Primordial Orbs at it *cry*) But I know for sure that the nuclear waste does work,(it takes about 4hours to do though)

2015-01-05_03.10.25.png 2015-01-05_03.11.29.png

Richard Xu

Jul 29, 2019
mehhh I don't have any pictures from when I tainted a node with Nuclear Waste, I do have pictures of my EMP journeys though just did it again today.

Taint version not possible as far as I can tell. (I popped about 32 Primordial Orbs at it *cry*) But I know for sure that the nuclear waste does work,(it takes about 4hours to do though)

View attachment 14073 View attachment 14074
Wait how did you get it to have almost a million of ignis?

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
O the Potentia at 16001

Firing a RotaryCraft EMP Charges the Node with, Potentia, Machina, and Telum.