Creating a very small 1.7 pack for myself. Any suggestions?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
I have been growing increasingly tired of doing the same thing over and over in FTB. After playing AS for a good while (and loving it) I am now ready to try something new.

I am going to create a modpack for myself with 1.7 in mind.
Since i have a less than great computer, i have decided to cut down the mod list to as small as possible.
This also allows me to play in a completely different way, and hopefully avoid my typical "automate ALL the things!" play style

I have typically played with TE, BC, Forestry, IC2 and the like, but i am thinking to cut it down to 1 processing and machinery mod, maybe a magic mod or max 2, and then a few utility mods

However i cannot seem to locate a list on what mods are updated to 1.7, or maybe my Google Fu is failing me.

I am having the following mods in mind:

Mekanism (Haven't played with it, but have heard great things) - Is this updated to 1.7 btw?
Tinker's Construct (Early game ore doubling and Tools)
AE (or another form of storage solution)
Extra Utilities
JABBA
And then i am thinking about trying out Botania.

Do you have any good suggestions of a few mods, with interesting or new mechanics, then please let me know :)

Last edited:

imthatguyjordan

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism is not updated to 1.7..

You could add Buildcraft or Ender IO for machines and power. IC2 is updated if that's your thing, I quite enjoy it. Witchery, thaumcraft, blood magic are all updated, as well as botania which looks really awesome.

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
Try this list for 1.7 mods: http://bot.notenoughmods.com/1.7.2.html I've been thinking about doing the same, but I'm not modding-savy enough to start a pack from scratch.
I had that same fear at first, but with Multi MC it is quite easy (And 1.7 removes alot of the issues with ID conflicts :) )[DOUBLEPOST=1400960529][/DOUBLEPOST]
Mekanism is not updated to 1.7..

You could add Buildcraft or Ender IO for machines and power. IC2 is updated if that's your thing, I quite enjoy it. Witchery, thaumcraft, blood magic are all updated, as well as botania which looks really awesome.
I am on the fence about IC2.

I really loved it a long time ago, but was scared off by the new changes. But it would be able to do all i need in regards to processing.

EnderIO have some form of powerconverting right? (need my ender quarry) :p

imthatguyjordan

Jul 29, 2019
I had that same fear at first, but with Multi MC it is quite easy (And 1.7 removes alot of the issues with ID conflicts :) )[DOUBLEPOST=1400960529][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am on the fence about IC2.

I really loved it a long time ago, but was scared off by the new changes. But it would be able to do all i need in regards to processing.

EnderIO have some form of powerconverting right? (need my ender quarry) :p
IC2 isn't really that bad, people are just blowing it way out of proportion. Ender IO generates RF in 1.7.2 as well as it's cables being able to convert MJ to RF and back. Extra Utilities also has some awesome power generators

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 isn't really that bad, people are just blowing it way out of proportion. Ender IO generates RF in 1.7.2 as well as it's cables being able to convert MJ to RF and back. Extra Utilities also has some awesome power generators
I played with it for a bit, and my reaction to it is one of the reasons i am creating this pack. I just had way too many easy solutions, so instead of taking my time and enjoying it,
I simply ignored it

imthatguyjordan

Jul 29, 2019
I played with it for a bit, and my reaction to it is one of the reasons i am creating this pack. I just had way too many easy solutions, so instead of taking my time and enjoying it,
I simply ignored it
I leave it until later mostly, unless I'm using gregtech, then I get through the bronze age asap and get a few basic machines (extractor, plate bending machine, metal former). I should mention though, I am using my own pack with minetweaker changes supporting the gregtech feel of things.

IC2 is a great mod when you have the resources for it.

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
My current mod list, take look at it! :)
Applied Energistics 2
Backpack
BiblioCraft
Botania
BuildCraft
CodeChickenCore
ComputerCraft
Extra Utilities
Factorization
Forestry for Minecraft
Forge Multipart
Inventory Tweaks
IronChest
Mantle
Mystcraft
NotEnoughItems
Plant Mega Pack
PneumaticCraft
Railcraft
Roguelike Dungeons
Thaumcraft
The Twilight Forest
Tinkers' Construct
Waila
Witchery

imthatguyjordan

Jul 29, 2019
My current mod list, take look at it! :)
Applied Energistics 2
Backpack
BiblioCraft
Botania
BuildCraft
CodeChickenCore
ComputerCraft
Extra Utilities
Factorization
Forestry for Minecraft
Forge Multipart
Inventory Tweaks
IronChest
Mantle
Mystcraft
NotEnoughItems
Plant Mega Pack
PneumaticCraft
Railcraft
Roguelike Dungeons
Thaumcraft
The Twilight Forest
Tinkers' Construct
Waila
Witchery
Quite small in comparison to my 50+ list o_O I like less of a refined playthrough, one that I can choose what it is I want to do

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
I am considering if I want to go tech based (as usual) or go magic based and leave out tech mods in favor of the magic way

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so this is my first draft.
IC2 is in, so @imthatguyjordan you can rest easy ;)

AppliedEnergistics 2
Blood Magic
BiblioCraft
BuildCraft
CompactSolars
CodeChickenCore
DamageIndicators
Ender IO
Extra Utilities
Enchiridon
EnderTank
Forestry for Minecraft
Forge Multipart
Gendustry
IC2 exp
Inventory Tweaks
IronChest
JABBA
Mantle
Mechworks
NotEnoughItems
NEI Addons
Railcraft
Redstone Paste
Thaumcraft
Tinkers' Construct
Waila
Warp book

Last edited:
Reactions: imthatguyjordan

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Ignoring the "stuff that isn't yet updated to 1.7" talk, my current plans for a custom modpack include:

Core Playthings:
NEI (because anyone who plays without this is a tryhard and definitely not drunk enough)
Buildcraft (because oldschool)
Tinkers Construct/Natura (because if you haven't been using it you probably should consider that everything you stand for is immoral and wrong)
*IguanaTweaks (or whatever it's called, I actually kinda like the hardmode version of TiCo. Might include this.)
Mekanism (because another power system that isn't RF and me/everyone else is ditching EU at a rate of knots)
Atomic Science (because particle accelerator?)
Thermal Expansion (because obviously)
Rotarycraft/Reactorcraft (because it's a bit leftfield, it has so much stuff and one day I will stick with a world long enough to legit-build a fusion reactor)
BigReactors (because it's BigReactors?)
EnderIO (because awesome)
Thaumcraft (because thaumium and I'M A FUCKING WIZARD)
Railcraft/Forestry/Extra Bees/Magic Bees (depending on if they get updates, because tradition, tanks and bees)
Applied Energistics (because I've been meaning to try out the new one PLUS Colin 2.0)
ExtraCells (because an Omnipotent Colin is not Omnipotent without bad capitalisation and fluid storage)
Mariculture (because titanium and fish)
Metallurgy (because Metallurgy)
Minefactory Reloaded (because it does all these things and any time I ask a spasticated question the answer is always either MFR or:
Extra Utilities (because see unclosed bracket above and instant leaf decay)
JABBA/WAILA (because too handy to ignore)
Modular Powersuits (I *think I heard something about it not getting a 1.7 update, which would sadden me, but it is my goto mod for becoming invincible and upwardly mobile :p)

Other stuffs I almost always end up using:
Openblocks (because elevators)
Bibliocraft (because armourstands and tool racks)
IronChests (because diamond chests are the best buffer for getting stacks of shit in and out of an ME network)
Chisel (because it makes my monstrosities look prettier)
MagicalCrops (because I hated it at first but then I saw how handy it was)
Randomthings (because it fills a few irksome gaps)
EnhancedPortals (because I'm fucking sick of my vanilla nether portal bugging out and dropping me in inhospitable places and this mod is FANTASTIC at letting me set up a network of multidimensional transporters)
CarpentersBlocks (because again, it prettifies the horror I turn my worlds into)
ProjectRed (because the light options are pretty)
Xeno's Reliquary (because those goddam lilypads are just so abusable)
PortalGun (because why not?)

Prospective toys I have plans for:
Growthcraft (because beer and cider)
Steve's carts (because Galgadorian metal)
Advanced Genetics (because I've not messed about with it much)
Forge Multipart (because glowstone nooks)
Gendustry (because it's a next level bee maneuver)
Mystcraft (because further Colin decentralisation)
Blood Magic and Ars Magicka (because people keep singing their praises and I have yet to pull my finger out and add them to a pack)
Witchery (because I NEED this)

Other shit:
Some form of resource based duplication or transmutation (like EE or mimicry, I need a way to turn endless crappy materials into ender pearls due to being too bloody indolent to make an enderman farm XD)
Morph (because it amuses me)
Computercraft (to date i've usually found workarounds for my more abstruse problems, but eventually I will put my ill-gotten programming knowledge to use for something)

There's probably some more I've forgotten, but that's about all I really need to keep me busy for a while...

psp

Jul 29, 2019
Ignoring the "stuff that isn't yet updated to 1.7" talk, my current plans for a custom modpack include:

Core Playthings:
NEI (because anyone who plays without this is a tryhard and definitely not drunk enough)
Tinkers Construct/Natura (because if you haven't been using it you probably should consider that everything you stand for is immoral and wrong)
*IguanaTweaks (or whatever it's called, I actually kinda like the hardmode version of TiCo. Might include this.)
Mekanism (because another power system that isn't RF and me/everyone else is ditching EU at a rate of knots)
Rotarycraft/Reactorcraft (because it's a bit leftfield, it has so much stuff and one day I will stick with a world long enough to legit-build a fusion reactor)
Railcraft/Forestry/Extra Bees/Magic Bees (depending on if they get updates, because tradition, tanks and bees)
Applied Energistics (because I've been meaning to try out the new one PLUS Colin 2.0)
ExtraCells (because an Omnipotent Colin is not Omnipotent without bad capitalisation and fluid storage)
Minefactory Reloaded (because it does all these things and any time I ask a spasticated question the answer is always either MFR or:
Modular Powersuits (I *think I heard something about it not getting a 1.7 update, which would sadden me, but it is my goto mod for becoming invincible and upwardly mobile :p)

IronChests (because diamond chests are the best buffer for getting stacks of shit in and out of an ME network)
EnhancedPortals (because I'm fucking sick of my vanilla nether portal bugging out and dropping me in inhospitable places and this mod is FANTASTIC at letting me set up a network of multidimensional transporters)
CarpentersBlocks (because again, it prettifies the horror I turn my worlds into)

Blood Magic and Ars Magicka (because people keep singing their praises and I have yet to pull my finger out and add them to a pack)

Other shit:
Some form of resource based duplication or transmutation (like EE or mimicry, I need a way to turn endless crappy materials into ender pearls due to being too bloody indolent to make an enderman farm XD)
Computercraft (to date i've usually found workarounds for my more abstruse problems, but eventually I will put my ill-gotten programming knowledge to use for something)

There's probably some more I've forgotten, but that's about all I really need to keep me busy for a while...
If you make that as 1.7 pack later i would play it!

Seriously.

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
Is computercraft already updated for 1.7? If so, where did you find it?
you can register on cc forums to get beta test version. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1401018367][/DOUBLEPOST]

Core Playthings:

Other shit:

This looks like 1.7 Ultimate . :eek: