Creating a remote MFS Unit

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zombiewaffles

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted a way to charge my mining laser on the go so I tried to make a setup with 3 enderchests of the same color and a MFS Unit. You carried one enderchest with you and the other two were connected to the MFS Unit with wooden transport pipes, this obviously didn't work very well as the mining laser would go into the MFSU and only gather about 2,000 EU before looping back around.

Now all that having been said is there a better way to create this. I am very new to these mods and still learning so help is greatly appreciated.

FMAylward

Jul 29, 2019
Not tested this but have 2 lasers, one with you and one on charge. At the charge end you have a pipe gate that detects when an item is in the enderchest and in the mfs and only pull the items out when an item is detected in both. Have the pipes to the msf be longer then the ones that pull out of it so you have time to grab the laser.

EDIT: Oh, there is a "Fully Charged Item" condition, could just use that with a single laser.

Zombiewaffles

Jul 29, 2019
Not tested this but have 2 lasers, one with you and one on charge. At the charge end you have a pipe gate that detects when an item is in the enderchest and in the mfs and only pull the items out when an item is detected in both. Have the pipes to the msf be longer then the ones that pull out of it so you have time to grab the laser.

EDIT: Oh, there is a "Fully Charged Item" condition, could just use that with a single laser.

Thanks! I will try this when I get home! =)

FMAylward

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I think the conditional for if fully charged might be a bit buggy as it stopped working for me. but I have a "stable" work around which requires 2 lasers.

This is my test set up http://imgur.com/0X41o

and these are the gate conditionals.

mfs gate:
if blue wire is on then output redstone signal
if Item traversing pipe turn on red pipe wire

chest gate:
if red pipe wire on then output redstone signal
if items in chest then turn on blue pipe wire

Note: Keep the length/time of the chest to mfs pipe longer then the length/time of the mfs to chest pipe else it might trigger the item to be pumped out of the mfs stright away.

There might be ways to fix this flaw but if I am right in what cause the gates to not work, same bug as the mass fab gate condition for "is amplified" then I think it was said it has already been fixed and we just need the update.

Bobbels

Jul 29, 2019
now, before even thinking about any overly complicated solution i have to ask: you have thought about using a lappack or something similar, have you?
that might keep it running long enough for you not to think about any overly complicated solutions as well..

FMAylward

Jul 29, 2019
The charging system could still be useful for a battary backpack plus there are some places in which you wouldn't want to take off chest piece armour.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
Carry an enderbag instead of chest, makes sending items home for a charge easier. Appears sound in theory though.

Bobbels

Jul 29, 2019
The charging system could still be useful for a battary backpack plus there are some places in which you wouldn't want to take off chest piece armour.
i totally agree about that. it just confuses me that no lappack was even mentioned.
btw, gregtech offers some chest armour with integrated batteries. it also has that interdimensional power thing, which you could place and charge your stuff with anywhere.
very expensive stuff though, so probably not an option at his stage in the game.

FMAylward

Jul 29, 2019
I have not got/seen/used any of that gregtech stuff and I find even with a lappack (might have been advanced laptop can't remember) power was still my limiting factor when I went crazy at level 10 with my laser.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Although its kinda late-game, I feel compelled to add the GraviChestPlate acts as an ultimate lappack (stores 10 million EU, same as an MFSU) as well as acting as a quantum chestplate (as well as letting you fly). Thats the only armour integrated lappack AFAIK.

Xen0n

Jul 29, 2019
The way I do this on my singleplayer world that I find to be super effective is with a portal gun.

I carry 2 portal guns with me, one is a bacon gun which I use as to get home and the other is standard colour which I use to move around caves etc.

With my bacon gun, my right click portal is always at my base. Any time I need to get home mid-caving or any other time. I go up to a wall, left click and walk through. Charge my lappack. Then I just go back through the portal and i'll be at the same spot in the cave system that I was