Crashing On Opening Any GUI

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toastertim

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, "I must be new here" but i havent had any problems with ftb until just recently. My minecraft continually crashes upon opening of any GUI. First, I assumed the issue was with thaumic bees as a lot of results said. Then, I deleted the cfg and the crash repeated with a different log. This was upon opening a fabricator. After removing the fabricator, I opened a chest to put it in. A VANILLA chest. And the game crashed...I don't know how to use any sort of fancy things but ill upload a Text file of the latest crash.

Edit: This includes my own inventory

Attachments

• crash-2013-04-29_15.33.01-client.txt
    14 KB · Views: 97

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
I believe this is the same bug I've helped with earlier. Backup your saves folder. Inside your saves folder delete the NEI folder and NEI.dat Now go into the folder that is for that particular save and delete the same folder and file. So you are deleting two folders and two files.

Edit: If that does not work please do as Ash posted above me.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I believe this is the same bug I've helped with earlier. Backup your saves folder. Inside your saves folder delete the NEI folder and NEI.dat Now go into the folder that is for that particular save and delete the same folder and file. So you are deleting two folders and two files.

Edit: If that does not work please do as Ash posted above me.
And if it does work, I may need to find a way to get this fix and a few others on the knowledgebase ;)

Toastertim

Jul 29, 2019
um...how do i delete said folders from the particular save if this is occurring on a server? (that no one else seems to be having a problem with according to chat)

Edit: HEY it worked!! :D Thanks so much :D

will i need to do this again if it happens in single player? but it should reset anyways right? :D

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Ash here are my thoughts on why this crash happens and what the tell-tell signs of it are:
Crash log says codechicken.nei.forge.GuiContainerManager.getStringWidthNoColours(GuiContainerManager.java:135)

In this help thread:http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...shing-when-opening-any-gui.19754/#post-233347
It was made clear that the user had typed in "@mod.XyCraft" into the search bar for NEI and deleted it. It occured to me that if that was the last thing he did maybe the crash was being caused by the string still being loaded into NEI. I instructed him to delete the files and folders that might be reinserting it into the search bar and it fixed his problem.

The user searched further for the cause of the error and posted this shortly after I helped him:
Someone posted in the Chickenbones mods thread on the Minecraft forums that this crash I encountered is specific to XyCraft. This mod is the only one that uses colors in the search strings, and attempting to clear it will always cause a crash.

They said that this is something that Soaryn, the mod's author, needs to address.

Edit: It appears to be only xycraft that is causing this. See the posts below.
Edit2: Okay maybe it includes Thaumic bees, but it needs testing to be sure. Thanks again for replying Toastertim.

Reactions: Ashzification

Toastertim

Jul 29, 2019
and suddenly the whole world became clear...thats makes sense...i just learned the trick from watcing a dw20 episode...didnt know i was gonna crash myself out lol...ill stop being lazy search and that might save me lol :D thanks again

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
What did you type in for the @mod.xxx? Was it xycraft or something else?

Edit: I saw the episode as well.

Toastertim

Jul 29, 2019
I shift clicked on the item subset. i learned you cant type it in (using single player) and that did not create the issue, it only happened with i shift clicked in the subsets for xycraft under the mod tab...works fine for every other mod. i could be wrong about the typing it in but for me it never came up, and soon as you delete one letter the link is broken...ive been doing this since the episode in all my worlds but never for xycraft until now.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
So it is Xycraft. Okay I will edit my post above to remove the references to thaumic bees and the matter fabricator. Thanks for listing exactly what you did so Ash can add that to her knowledge base as well.

Toastertim

Jul 29, 2019
well i dont know...i never accessed the other color strings. that and i deleted the cfg (thaumic bees) first...but that didnt fully fix it...it would be worth testing if one had the patience...

geironul

Jul 29, 2019
The same thing is happening to me. I was in the middle of backspacing out the search bar in NEI. I had just searched for xycraft machines and was deleting it. I did the shift click from the mod list to filter NEI. Now Minecraft crashes every time I open my inventory. I don't know if u need more examples, but here is the console log: http://pastebin.com/Sr4qyvgL and i attached the crash log. I am unclear on which files to delete if I was playing on a server?

Edit: Deleting the NEI folder and NEI.dat from the save folder did the trick for anyone else that was a little confused.

Attachments

• crash-2013-04-29_20.59.22-client.txt
    21.9 KB · Views: 77

geironul

Jul 29, 2019
You just said it worked, i meant u don't have to delete a second set of folders and files. Just the one set from the save folder. I wasn't very clear either.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019

jonesycusht

Jul 29, 2019
Please follow these steps exactly: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/9/0/basic-troubleshooting
This is to rule out any issues with your client setup.

If it doesn't work, need a new client log.

I have found the Solution it was something in my inventory because i was playing on a server i killed myself but when anybody went near my body they crashed due to the entities but after a while the entities disappeared then everything was back to working order. I don't know what item was causing the crash though.

Status
Not open for further replies.