Crashes when launching Direwolf20 pack...

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

baz

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Crashes when launching Direwolf20 pack...
Launcher Version:
1.4.7 Build: 10407
Modpack:
Direwolf20
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Every time it crashes I get sent back to the FTB launcher screen (where you choose the modpack you want to launch)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Do you happen to use a 32 bit Java and/or OS?
if your OS is 64 bits and Java is 32 bits try to remove Java and install a 64 bit one.
If your OS is 32 bit then I think you are sadly enough out of luck as you can't install the 64 bit java on a 32 bit OS.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I take that it is an 32 bit OS?
You could try and see if your hardware supports 64 bit hardware but unless you have enough ram to give minecraft 2GB without starving your system changing OS is also not going to solve it.

as for your other question

I would not be surprised that they would like to but mods need more resources these days.

You can try ftb lite or an older pack I believe you can get away with ftb ultimate unless you like to change from dimension a lot because of a memory leak you would then have to reload it every so often.