Crashes after attempting to play on a previously saved world

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Imacape

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Crashes after attempting to play on a previously saved world
Launcher Version:
v1.4.7
Modpack:
MindCrack
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
FTB crashed after I attempted to use a MFE I had built (I've used said MFE many times before), after this I was unable to use this world. I was able to create and play on several other worlds though. In an attempt to fix the issue I backed up my world and I deleted and re-installed FTB. then, I transferred my save-file into the Saves folder. I attempted to play on the world but I ran into the same issue where FTB would crash after I tried playing it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Imacape

Jul 29, 2019
My bad, forgot to include the crash report. Here it is

Attachments

• crash-2015-06-20_18.19.28-server.txt
    14.5 KB · Views: 91

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
You have a 32-bit os and the newer, 1.6 & 1.7, packs, with a few exceptions, will not work with a 32-bit os. You need a 64-bit os and 64-bit java. I would also recommend at least 4gb of total system memory.

Imacape

Jul 29, 2019
You have a 32-bit os and the newer, 1.6 & 1.7, packs, with a few exceptions, will not work with a 32-bit os. You need a 64-bit os and 64-bit java. I would also recommend at least 4gb of total system memory.
My apologies, I didn't include my system specifications. I have Windows 7 64-bit, the CPU and GPU are definitely up to snuff :), and I have 16gb of RAM. I've dedicated 2gb to FTB.

Thank you for your reply

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Oops sorry I must have looking at the wrong log.

Block location: World: (-149,58,152)
Name: net.minecraft.src.buildcraft.transport.GenericPipe // buildcraft.transport.TileGenericPipe

The line above from your log is the issue. Use mcedit to remove that from the world. The item that is causing the issue is above.

Imacape

Jul 29, 2019
Oops sorry I must have looking at the wrong log.

Block location: World: (-149,58,152)
Name: net.minecraft.src.buildcraft.transport.GenericPipe // buildcraft.transport.TileGenericPipe

The line above from your log is the issue. Use mcedit to remove that from the world. The item that is causing the issue is above.
Oh no problem and thank you so much for your help :D

Would this require me to be playing in my World, or can it be done from from the Minecraft menu screen?

Thanks again for your help :)

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
You need to use program called mcedit which you load your world save into then you can remove blocks etc from your save. Take a backup first before you do anything. If you have never used mcedit then google a tutorial for it.

Imacape

Jul 29, 2019
You need to use program called mcedit which you load your world save into then you can remove blocks etc from your save. Take a backup first before you do anything. If you have never used mcedit then google a tutorial for it.
Okay, will do.

Thank you so much for all of your help :), I'll tell you how everything goes.