Crash when entering biome?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I have a crash error, but I think I've modified my pack enough to the point where I can't make crash reports in the tech support section. It's based on Infinity, but many mods added/removed. Anyway, It's happened twice now, first in the twilight forest, and just now in the overworld, I crash to desktop, and then crash every time I try to reconnect to my server. I have to log in and quickly use the server commands to teleport me away before I crash again. I noticed it happens when I fly over snowy biomes, although I can't see the actual biome name. If someone can help me fix this (or if it should be moved into the tech support section), I'd be grateful.

And now again over a Dead Forest biome, maybe it's just trying to generate too much terrain at once and I'm overloading it?

Log was too big to put in a spoiler tag, so pastebin.
http://pastebin.com/qhfjPuJm

Last edited:

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
It looks like a mob is having issues navigating something. Not sure which mod or anything though.

Also it is usually better to just use pastebin and not bother with spoiler tags.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, if there's a mob causing an issue, how would I go about finding which type it is? If it's just going to keep crashing me, I'd rather just disable it from spawning altogether.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Hm, if there's a mob causing an issue, how would I go about finding which type it is? If it's just going to keep crashing me, I'd rather just disable it from spawning altogether.
Try first putting on peaceful mode temporarily. See if that fixes it.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, next time I crash like that I'll swap the server to peaceful, and try logging in again.

AuricPolaris

Jul 29, 2019
I have seen this issue before and in order to fully resolve it (at least without updating any mods/forcing players to do so as well) was to remove Runic Dungeons and Enderzoo from both clients and server mod folders.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I checked the Ender IO setting about Wither Skeletons, both server and client are set to false. I updated Ender IO and EnderCore, and I set it to peaceful after crashing. Still no dice. I'll update Runic Dungeons next.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
The linked post says having it set to true is a problem, and they needed to set it to false. Further posts in said thread also confirm having it set to false fixes things, especially since it's still experimental.

Renton Terrace

Jul 29, 2019
After a bit more digging, I may have found the culprit mod - EnderIO
I stopped the server, re-enabled enderIO and enderCore as well as changed the replaceWitherSkeletons back to true. Started up the server, and no crash! Seen skeletons walking around no problem ( the ones I spawned in ). My immediate thought is it's something to do with this setting, so I disabled the setting, and rebooted, and guess what.... crash!!!

Conclusion
  • Setting replaceWitherSkeletons=false in enderio/EnderIO.cfg causes client-side crash on pre-existing world with the above linked crash reports.
sorry Phyrax says two different things and I only read the Conclusion

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I've updated all the mods that I can think of, and am still getting a crash to desktop. Now it's happening when I try to go near the ice palace in the twilight forest. I suppose knowing a place where it will consistently happen is good (it happened at least three times there), because it makes testing fixes easier, but it's now preventing me from advancing in the mod, and not something I can just avoid.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
If this is happening upon entering the Biome, my thought would suggest the "Dimensional Bleed" of having two biomes sharing the same ID. This has been known to cause Twilight Forest (and occasionally Thaumic Horizon) dimensions to spawn in the Overworld. I assume this can work in reverse as well, allowing the BoP biome that shares the ID to spawn in TF.

If this happened, and TF was trying to spawn the usual mobs in the wrong Biome, things could get wonky. Since TF bosses are spawned differently than normal mobs, it may be the conflict of trying to spawn the boss mob in inappropriate conditions, then freaking out.

Mind you, this is all speculation, but the issue with Thaumic Horizon biomes appearing in the Overworld was nearly world destroying. Just food for thought. Happy bug hunting.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
At first I thought it was a biome thing, but after more research and more crashing, it's probably not specific to any one biome. It seems like it's a mob that's an issue, although, I still crash even when the server is set to peaceful so I'm really not sure.

Is there a way to get a list of mobs/entities in an area? If I can see what's there, it might give me a better idea of what's going wrong.

Edit: I tried going into a Runic Dungeons dungeon, found the guardian spawner, and kept crashing when it would spawn. I removed the mod entirely, and went back to the Twilight Forest. Still crash when getting near the ice palace. I thought it was a mod conflict involving RD, but it seems not.

Edit2: Removing EnderZoo did not resolve the problem either. I'm stumped.

Last edited: