Crash on startup

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Can you share c:\ftb\FTBBeyond\minecraft\hs_err_pid34904.log

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Check if your machine has bad memory installed.

R

RadicalSilver

hey guys,
Not sure if i can get some help over here but i have i think the same problem.
I downloaded Direwolf20 the 1.10 version, AND the older version via the twitch app.
I already tried taking 6 RAM or stuff like that but nothings works.
When i try to start the newest direwolf20 modpack it starts loading the game in the launcher, and after a while i says game crash and im back to nothing.
When i try to start the older version it doesn't even open the loadingscreen-ish, but instantly says the game has sort of crashed in the launcher.
I need help cuz i really wanna play some ftb and discover the world of direwolf20 :)
have a nice day.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
hey guys,
Not sure if i can get some help over here but i have i think the same problem.
I downloaded Direwolf20 the 1.10 version, AND the older version via the twitch app.
I already tried taking 6 RAM or stuff like that but nothings works.
When i try to start the newest direwolf20 modpack it starts loading the game in the launcher, and after a while i says game crash and im back to nothing.
When i try to start the older version it doesn't even open the loadingscreen-ish, but instantly says the game has sort of crashed in the launcher.
I need help cuz i really wanna play some ftb and discover the world of direwolf20 :)
have a nice day.

Create your own thread and also provide full log, instructions for log can be found here: http://support.feed-the-beast.com/faq/

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
yeah so im making a new thread for my problem but i have troubles finding the log.
I did go to the page you recommended me but in step 3 i have to go to fml-client-latest.log but it's not there. Were excactly is it, do you know?
It's inside a folder called "logs" in your installation folder.

Assuming you're using the Twitch App, right click on the profile you're using and then click on open folder. There you should be able to see a "logs' folder. Inside that you'll find a file called 'Latest" that's what you want. Open it in a text file and paste into the box for step 3.

R

RadicalSilver

Thanks tomorrow ill find it and make a thread to get help for my problem.
Have a good one

R

RadicalSilver

It's inside a folder called "logs" in your installation folder.

Assuming you're using the Twitch App, right click on the profile you're using and then click on open folder. There you should be able to see a "logs' folder. Inside that you'll find a file called 'Latest" that's what you want. Open it in a text file and paste into the box for step 3.
So i checked right now, and there is no log file.
When i open it, it says: cofig, downloads, mods, resourcepacks, resources, saves, scripts, manifest.json, minecraftinstance.json, perms.txt
Config does show other files when i open it: Appliedenergistics2, bagginses, biomesoplenty, bloodmagic, brandon3055, cofh, custommainmenu, deepresonance, elec's Mods, endercore, enderio, extreme reactors ETC....
no 'log' file anywere.

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
So i checked right now, and there is no log file.
When i open it, it says: cofig, downloads, mods, resourcepacks, resources, saves, scripts, manifest.json, minecraftinstance.json, perms.txt
Config does show other files when i open it: Appliedenergistics2, bagginses, biomesoplenty, bloodmagic, brandon3055, cofh, custommainmenu, deepresonance, elec's Mods, endercore, enderio, extreme reactors ETC....
no 'log' file anywere.

What launcher are you using to play the game? Are you going through the Twitch App?