Bug Crash on OSX 10.13 with FTB Infinity Evolved

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Spike_DigitalTubes

Feb 9, 2020
French Brittany
Hi !
I tried all the standard tricks (uninstall FTB Launcher, re-download the modpack, update Java) but nothing worked.

The loading of the modpack goes up to the end of the 7th phase, but instead of opening the game, I got back to the launcher and the java window close, with a bug report saying that it suddenly stopped.

I also got plenty of red lines in the java console, I guess it means there is a lot of errors during the loading.

anyway, here is the console log :

<iframe src="https://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/embed/b30c4a00" style="border:none;width:100%"></iframe>

I'm sorry if there is already a thread with that kind of issue, but I couldn't find a search option on the forum.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Any antivirus software installed on your machine?

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Try and re-install java (uninstall, and then install fresh).

Post new log if it still fails.

Spike_DigitalTubes

Feb 9, 2020
French Brittany
Actually, this is even worse, and I can't post new log since there is no console left.

It loaded to the mainpage ("singleplayer, multiplayer etc"), but I suddenly lost my cursor, my whole computer began unresponsive, and it finally crashes my session, so I got to relog into OSX and no console was saved.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Launcher reboots? - please explain - and please read the instructions as well, the log should be located on disk as a file.

Spike_DigitalTubes

Feb 9, 2020
French Brittany
Ok, I'll try to explain what happens :

When I get to the 7/7th phase, I got to the normal page of the game. But in the same time, everything freezes, my cursor disapear, and it stays like that for at least 10-15s. Then I got a black screen and my session of OSX reload, asking me my password, etc. When I log in, the Java window (the game in itself) is closed, and all that's left is the launcher and the log (what I call the console), showing a normal start, containing about 30 lines of boot report, like I just started my game.

For uploading the log, I did it the way you told, but I couldn't upload it directly (seems connection issues), so I copied it on the clip board and loaded it on the specified page that gave me the link I uploaded.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Share /Users/spike/ftb/FTBInfinity/minecraft/hs_err_pid3448.log, please

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
So you think this is a Java issue in itself, nothing related to the modpack or the launcher ? That's weird because other modpacks works perfectly.
Are your modpack running same set of mods and configs?

That particular modpack (instance) is triggering underlying java bug.

Spike_DigitalTubes

Feb 9, 2020
French Brittany
I tried only one other modpack (ultimate reloaded), and it's actually way lighter with loads less mods than Infinity Evolved in it.
So, if I follow the logical path, that should be because of one of the mods that is included in Infinity and absent from Ultimate, like Tinker.