Crash on opening world

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChickenMacNugget

Jul 29, 2019
Apologies if this has been posted before.​
FTB Launcher version: v1.0.6 (also happened yesterday on previous version)​
Minecraft Version: 1.4.2​
Java version: 1.7.0_07​
Detailed description of the issue / how can the issue be recreated:​
Kinda unpredictable if it happens or not
Crash always happens when going into a save/world. Launches perfectly fine and sometimes when it's a fresh install it will load the world but sometimes it crashes straight from fresh install.​
Sometimes the error report shows an error with Chicken Code so I have tried disabling:
Chicken Code Core​
NEI​
Ender storage​
I have tried disabling 1, 2 and all 3 at the same time in every combination and it still causes crash. I have yet to remove the files from the mod folder but I expect this would have no effect anyway?​
Not sure where to go from here really... This is with a bare bones FTB beta launcher mod pack, no extra mods.​
Thanks for any help!​
Error logs:​
Crash report from FTB console: http://pastebin.com/0U96CXQZ
Crash report from crash-report file: http://pastebin.com/YtsLgvkg

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Would you by any chance happen to be changing a lot of settings in the configs?
And could it be possible that you had any config files open when this happened?

thecatofnimes

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried using a world created in vanilla minecraft and placed in the FTB "saves" folder? Seeing as your problem is with loading the world.
:D

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Does it always happen when you save or exit a world? Or just one world specifically?
Code:
16:50:16 [INFO] net.ftb.gui.LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:63 2012-11-17 16:50:16 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Unloading dimension 0

Tell me if I'm wrong, but isn't Dimension 0 related a common bug?

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
I think dimensjon 0 is the overworld.
But i also think i've seen a bug where mystcraft created a dimension 0 causing all kinds of sillyness.
If i remember correctly was it identifiable by there beeing a DIM0 folder in the saves folder, seeing as the overworld dump directly into the saves folder and not in a DIM folder.

Reactions: Wabbit

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I think dimensjon 0 is the overworld.
But i also think i've seen a bug where mystcraft created a dimension 0 causing all kinds of sillyness.
If i remember correctly was it identifiable by there beeing a DIM0 folder in the saves folder, seeing as the overworld dump directly into the saves folder and not in a DIM folder.
I'll look into it. Gimmie a few minutes.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\User\Documents\Minecraft\FeedTheBeast\FTBBETAA\minecraft\config\NEISubset.cfg (The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open
I believe this part means that the file is already in use (by something else then java), but i have no idea to what would be opening such a file.
I guess it could be an anti virus program, but can't really get that to make sence eigther.
Then i'd think it would end up interupting all of the config files and not just 4 seemingly at random.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\User\Documents\Minecraft\FeedTheBeast\FTBBETAA\minecraft\config\NEISubset.cfg (The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open
I believe this part means that the file is already in use (by something else then java), but i have no idea to what would be opening such a file.
I guess it could be an anti virus program, but can't really get that to make sence eigther.
Then i'd think it would end up interupting all of the config files and not just 4 seemingly at random.
Notepad possibly used to open up the cfg file to edit it, possibly?
Might wanna close it if that's the case.

ChickenMacNugget

Jul 29, 2019
@prointelgamer
I have 4gb of ram, but java 32 so minecraft can only run 1gb of that. Correct?

@Ashzification
I've found in the newer updates that if i creat a fresh install (as in when running for the first time) I can use either a new world or a save world that I copy into the saves folder and then run while FTB is running. I can switch worlds but once minecraft is closed and started again I get a crash any time I try to create or load any world.

@Wabbit and Meldiron
I've looked and there are no DIM0 folders in my saves folder... Only an "NEI" file and my saves of worlds I have made. Do you mean that the "DIM0" folder shows up in each individual save file or just in the "saves" folder?

I'm using AVG free as my antivirus, if that helps at all. Though it's never been a problem before and, when the game is freshly installed it doesn't cause an issue.

I've checked my task manager and made sure notepad isn't running and still no luck.

The bottom line is, the game is playable... Sometimes... And not always when I freshly install. Another problem is that I want IC2 tin and copper to be generated, and for mystcraft instability to be disabled in my worlds... And I cannot set that without closing minecraft so that the changes to the config files will take effect.

Thanks for your help so far by the way :)

harrimdj

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using AVG free as my antivirus, if that helps at all. Though it's never been a problem before and, when the game is freshly installed it doesn't cause an issue.

I was having the same problem earlier today. After reading your post I figured I'd check whether my Avast was putting the config files in sandbox mode when FTB tried to access them and that seems to be the case. Disabling sandbox mode or adding the config files to a list of safe files may solve your problem.

Reactions: Meldiron

Chimpy

Jul 29, 2019
I had this exact same issue running AVG, so I added my multi-mc folder to the exceptions list and it removed the conflicts with java thankfully.

Chimpy

Jul 29, 2019
My multi-mc folder is currently located on my desktop, I have tried this fix within my documents folder and a few other locations and it still seems to work just fine. The FTB launcher however does NOT work even after adding all folders related to it to the exceptions list. So I just have to use Multi-MC which is no hardship since I tend to run multiple instances of MC of various versions and mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.