Crappy FPS

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Drizzle

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Crappy FPS
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Infinity
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Just upgraded my graphics card from a GTX 580 to a GTX 980ti thinking that It would boost my fps quite considerably but there is absolutely no change.. Is there anything that I can do.. I have the newest version of optifine installed.

PC specs:
AMD FX 8350 Black
16gigs of ram
GTX 980ti

Game is running on a SSD

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Well if your optifine is locked at a certain FPS then it will not change :p put it to unlimited and see the difference. Cause the 980 ti shits on a 580

Frogg

Jul 29, 2019
How Much RAM do you have? And how much is being Allocated for it. Anything below 2G generally dosent work :p

Thelehpwnage

Jul 29, 2019
If your FPS is sticking at a constant rate, (Ex. 60) Your Vsync is probably on, and or framerate is set to a limited amount. Also, allocate 4G's of ram, if you can.

skullcrusher1005

Jul 29, 2019
Turn off V-Sync, Uncap your FPS. I have an i7 4790k, GTX 970 and 8GB of ram (4 Allocated) With optifine I get 300+ FPS in infinity. Also, Minecraft is mainly based on single core performance. You'll get lower FPS with and AMD Processor than with an Intel processor. I'm not trying to start a fanboy war, But it's true.