Windows .exe Crappy FPS problem.

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

impossibl4

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. I'm having an FPS problem that's been going on for a while now. my specs are such:
8.00 GB INstalled memory(RAM)
Intel(R) Core i7-3520 CPU @2.90 GHz 2.90 GHz
64 bit Operating system
and
NVidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB

My desktop computer averages at 50+ fps, while my laptop struggles to get past 24.
I have optifine installed on both, with Far distance, Multi core chunk loading, and smooth lighting.
Can someone please tell me what I'm not doing?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Due to the number of mods that the Feed the Beast packs have, there is an increased amount of lag associated with using this pack. Mods such as Traincraft, are still in beta stages and are unstable. Other mods such as ExtraBiomesXL and Mystcraft have massive amounts of terrain generation. This creates added lag in the game, and results in sometimes unplayable worlds. The best solution to this is to set your computer and game settings to the most optimal FPS settings you can, or remove mods that greatly contribute to lag. This seems to result in different set-ups for many users of this modpack.
You may need to change your server or computer performance settings to compensate for any changes that have occurred.

Reactions: Lawbroken

impossibl4

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, but it's really crappy that I have to sacrifice my graphics quality when the guy next to me has 50 fps, and a crappier computer.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
I do hear there seems to be some problem with the multicore Optifine stuff, have you tried playing without Optifine beforehand?
Also, how much RAM are you allowing FTB to use?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Try allocating less RAM, around 4-5 GB should suffice. Java is very bad at properly allocating memory to where it's needed. I believe the question Yuka was asking was, have you tried running WITHOUT Optifine, if so, what were the results? If not, please try to do so, and describe the results.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
I do hear there seems to be some problem with the multicore Optifine stuff, have you tried playing without Optifine beforehand?
Also, how much RAM are you allowing FTB to use?

Without? =|
I love Multi Core.

4gig ram
2gig GPU

300odd FPS

I'm allowing ftb to use between 6-7 gigs of my ram, and yes, I use optifine all the time.

If you have 8gig try half that.
As i said before i only use 4gig of my 8 and look at the fps ;)

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Multi-Core chunk rendering is still buggy. It's a lot better than it was a couple of months ago but it still will cause a crash once in a while. I haven't tested it with the latest Mystcraft but that was generally the worst culprit in the past: switching dimensions would sometimes crash you randomly.

Also, as mentioned, don't overdo it with the RAM. Java is extremely bad at handling RAM intelligently. You want to use the minimum possible RAM to get stable gameplay. Even if you heavily mod the game beyond what FTB uses you shouldn't need more than 3GB.

tanefa99

Jul 29, 2019
I recommend checking the vanilla mcf post of optifine and checking which forge version is compatible with your optifine, then upgrading/downgrading to that forge version. That fixes my problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.