Crafting doesn't craft some items

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
A

Anton_

I'm playing through DW20#s S9 Let's Play.

Some items will not longer craft, either in RefStr's Crafting Grid or on a vanilla Crafting Table, despite JEI populating the 3x3 grids as expected (or even if I do it manually).

Two examples are /dank/null Lapis Panel, and Golden Lasso. I have crafted Golden Lassos earlier during this "Let's Play", so that recipe did work, but now do not. Oddly, /dank/null Redstone Panels do craft as expected. AFAIR, DW20 upgraded his /dank/null to tier II, so he must have been able to craft Lapis Panels?

I am not aware of having made any config changes.

I have plenty of the required resources, and JEI fills the crafting grids as required, but no crafted item is offered in the output box of whichever crafting system I'm using.

Other items craft as expected, such as Wood to Planks, Planks to Chest, etc (I haven't tested all recipes, obviously). Oddly, the /dank/null Redstone Panel still crafts as expected.

Where should I look to find what's gone wrong?

[Using "FTB Presents Direwolf20 Version 1.1.0" which says it was updated Tuesday, Nov 28, 2017, Minecraft version 1.12.2 forge-14.23.0.2531, on a Win10 desktop, 24Gb RAM]

P

Pjc21

The Golden Lasso cannot be crafted in a refined storage grid as it requires 8xp from the player, and if player has less then 8xp will also not be able to craft this in a crafting table.
This has stumped me a few times until I realize I have less then 8xp :).

Not sure what's happening with the Lapis Panels - but just updated to latest version 1.3.0 and can confirm working in both RS and crafting table. The Dank Null mod was updated in version 1.2.0 from 1.0.13 to 1.0.14, so maybe was bug in prior version.
2017-12-05_21.46.52.png 2017-12-05_21.47.38.png

Reactions: Anton_
A

Anton_

Pjc21, thanks for that. I did see the XP requirement for Golden Lassos, but didn't realise it would be a problem in RS -it works perfectly in a non-RS grid (I didn't have RS set up when I made my earlier Golden Lasso).

Er... how exactly do you update to 1.3.0? I'd be really grateful for guidance - I couldn't see an update link?

P

Pjc21

Glad I could help.

Not sure about other programs/launchers but if using twitch you can update a few ways.
- selecting view profile on modpack, then versions and select target version, then the update to new profile checkbox & continue.
- again in view profile under profile options you can select preferred release type as beta, when an update is out you will see an update button next to the play button on modpack.
- you can also search for the modpack and check under versions to download.

The way I prefer is to do a clean install each time I update, you will need to make a copy of your world save folder and I also make a copy of journey map folder along with any changes made to configs, scripts, added mods, etc
I then delete the profile/modpack and do a clean install, then copy my world save & journey map folders back in along with any other added mods and then re-modify any scripts/configs.

Best to always make a backup of the instance first, just in case.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anton_
A

Anton_

Pjc21 - many thanks, that was a really useful reply! Most grateful!

Edit: <sigh> Having updated to 1.3.0, the Lapis Panel still don't craft :(

Edit 2: Okay, fixed. Am a bit colour blind, so i did not see that there was supposed to be a pane of light blue stained glass in the middle. when I sorted that, all works fine again. Sorry for being such a total noob.

Last edited: