Could not create Java Virtual Machine

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
K

KernalCorn

Title Could not create Java Virtual Machine

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack Any

Modpack version Any

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file

Details of the issue I have been trying to set up an FTB Revelations server but everytime i try and start the server i get this
Starting server
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Ignoring option PermSize; support was removed in 8.0
Unrecognized VM option 'CMSIncrementalPacing'
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
Exiting...
Press any key to continue . . .

I've tried reinstalling java 3 times now, updating the launcher, redownloading the server file, tried multiple modpacks, and tried on a different computer and I keep getting the same issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Eld0r

It looks like you configured your VM settings wrong.
have a look at your JAVA_PARAMETERS in settings.bat

"CMSIncrementalPacing" is a correct option, but make sure you use the correct syntax:
-XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing (only available with garbage collector -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC)
use the original settings.bat out of the FTBRevelationServer.zip for your version
( feed-the-beast.com/projects/ftb-revelation/files )
Modpack Any
I understand there is only a short log... but modpack and version would be nice o_O

Last edited: