Could I use quarry's as chunk loaders for my frame miner?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

super

Jul 29, 2019
I plan on building a frame miner on an infinite evolved server, but I do not know what to do to keep the chunks loaded as it moves.

Made the one in the picture in creative to test it out.

Attachments

• Screenshot (41).png
    Screenshot (41).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 29

MiK3gamer

Jul 29, 2019
you could use a buildcraft quarry to chunkload the area. yea. not sure of the quarry frame has to be finished to it to start chunkloading though

super

Jul 29, 2019
you could use a buildcraft quarry to chunkload the area. yea. not sure of the quarry frame has to be finished to it to start chunkloading though
Do you think I could put the quarry on a frame and have the chunks its loading change?

MiK3gamer

Jul 29, 2019
that would work. but there is one downside to that theory. all the components of that frame machine need to be inside the quarry frame. because what's outside that frame, isn't loaded,

if you can build that, get a small quarry (maybe 9 by 9?) on a frame, and let it walk like 100-200 blocks. then leave, and see if it worked
but if part of your machine is outside of that quarry frame, i an sure it wouldnt work
(of course that needs the quarryframe itself to be chunkloaded too, which i am not sure of)

Reactions: super

super

Jul 29, 2019
that would work. but there is one downside to that theory. all the components of that frame machine need to be inside the quarry frame. because what's outside that frame, isn't loaded,

if you can build that, get a small quarry (maybe 9 by 9?) on a frame, and let it walk like 100-200 blocks. then leave, and see if it worked
but if part of your machine is outside of that quarry frame, i an sure it wouldnt work
(of course that needs the quarryframe itself to be chunkloaded too, which i am not sure of)
It only loaded the chunk it was placed in, so it gave me the idea of using block placers to place quarries
Thanks