Coping with a lack of anchors

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Kinjiru

Jul 29, 2019
So, assuming you don't have an enderman farm of some sort, what ideas have you folks used to handle tasks like transporting lava or oil over long distances without anchors?

Kinjiru

Jul 29, 2019
You know, I hadn't looked at those, and was just noticing them... hmm, I'll have to try that out. I use DW20's pack. Would love to hear if anyone has come up with novel ideas that don't use those either, though! Love the creative solutions that MC evokes.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
The only options I can think of would require either
a) a player logged in at each end to act as chunk loaders or
b) a railcraft tank cart train with a cart you can ride to server as the mobile chunk loader.

DaWhiskers

Jul 29, 2019
I've used a quarry before to chunk load a remote spot, just place the landmarks around the area you want loaded, place the quarry, don't power the quarry, quarry chunk loads :)

Herrozerro

Jul 29, 2019
I just changed the config for world anchors to not require ender pearls. I also dont allow them to be made, I just admin them in if someone needs one.

Vtecem

Jul 29, 2019
So, assuming you don't have an enderman farm of some sort, what ideas have you folks used to handle tasks like transporting lava or oil over long distances without anchors?

I use Chicken Chunk Loaders but I also went into the Railcraft config and put a "-1" for the loaders so they don't use fuel. Kinda thought using fuel was useless since I have Chicken Chunks that don't. So at least I have multiple options when it comes to chunk loaders. I'd have to check but I think I left the fuel usage for the mobile loaders active.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
The thing with the turtle loaders is they don't require the ender pearl fuel AFAIK. So you can continuously feed your world anchor ender pearls, or you can add a turtle and have it run resource-free forever.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Chunk loading modules still require.... World Anchors.

Though, I think you can substitute the Chicken Chunk loader.
You can substitute the spot loader, which you get 10 from 1 chicken chunk load and steve's cart chunk loader module can also be substituted to make it. Which reminds me, you can use steve's carts for chunk loading also.