Cool bees?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What is the coolest?

• Total voters

Callipygian

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using direwolf20 and I have done a lot of bee stuff lately what are some of coolest or hardest to get species? I all ready have and know about ghastly, celebratory, and Jaded. Also what is there "effect"

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Celebratory makes Fireworks. I especially like the Excited Bees, obviously because redstone is my most favorite thing in MC ever.

Penguirrel

Jul 29, 2019
Celebratory bees gets you the fireworks effect. Breeding/innoculating into other bees gets you fireworks with the colors based on the border of the bees; i.e. forest bees have a light blue border and so the fireworks have light blue sparkles. Also fun to have hybrid bees like austere/lapis gives white and blue combination fireworks.

edit: I'd like to change my answer to the Doctoral Bee from ThaumicBees. You get it from breeding Timely and Lordly - how awesome is that to have a Timelord bee. Also the only source I know of for the Both 3 temp. tol. aspect and produces jelly babies as a specialty.

Penguirrel

Jul 29, 2019
You said you have the jaded bee? I thought that was only obtainable if you're Jadedcat; or is it tied to knowing all the other bees first?

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Nuclear/Radioactive bees for their unstable effect. The first time I bred them I forgot to take out the effect and died 4 times because I kept forgetting about it and it kills you almost instantly without armor.
The Austere Bee also has a pretty cool effect the Creeper effect, the first time I saw it in action I almost had a heart attack because I thought it was going to destroy my Alveries that I had surrounding it.

Pretty much any bee with an effect is on my all time favorite list, I also collect the serums for all of the effects along with everything else that you can get a serum for.

MouseyPounds

Jul 29, 2019
Celebratory bees gets you the fireworks effect. Breeding/innoculating into other bees gets you fireworks with the colors based on the border of the bees; i.e. forest bees have a light blue border and so the fireworks have light blue sparkles. Also fun to have hybrid bees like austere/lapis gives white and blue combination fireworks.
Ooh, neat. I can see myself spending far too much time inoculating various bees with the fireworks effect to take advantage of this.

For me, the coolest bee is Edenic due to the Explorer effect. I love being able to surround my Enchanting Table/Anvil/Uncrafting Table with XP-granting bees instead of bothering with a mob trap.

Maldroth

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, neat. I can see myself spending far too much time inoculating various bees with the fireworks effect to take advantage of this.

For me, the coolest bee is Edenic due to the Explorer effect. I love being able to surround my Enchanting Table/Anvil/Uncrafting Table with XP-granting bees instead of bothering with a mob trap.

On the flip side of that you can also get Heroic bees for the Heroic effect to put in mob traps.

Zerodaimaru

Jul 29, 2019
Is there something somewhere that explains what all these effects do? I've found the bee wiki but (last I checked anyway) it only lists the names of the effects, not what it actually does.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Is there something somewhere that explains what all these effects do? I've found the bee wiki but (last I checked anyway) it only lists the names of the effects, not what it actually does.
I wasn't sure for all effects, so I didn't at all this. If we can get a list of all effects together, I'll add them to the list. Please only add info about effects you have tested yourself, and not something you only heard somewhere.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't sure for all effects, so I didn't at all this. If we can get a list of all effects together, I'll add them to the list. Please only add info about effects you have tested yourself, and not something you only heard somewhere.

Off the top of my head

Explorer: XP
Heroic: Attacks mobs
Beautific: Regen

Thaumic:
Time Warp: Slowness
Drunkard: Dizzy effect
Swiftness: Speed
Batty/Brainy/Ghastly/Wispy: Spawn the mob

Extra:
Meteor: Fires (does not actually drop a meteor on you. I was let down)
Ectoplasm: Creates green spider webs. Remove with a sword, but doesn't drop string
Unstable: Damage.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
You said you have the jaded bee? I thought that was only obtainable if you're Jadedcat; or is it tied to knowing all the other bees first?

I stole Jaded's Soul and put it to work building my breeding alveary after changing a setting on my server.. That reminds me I need to mail that back. ;)