Cookie Clicker in Computercraft

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone, so turns out that on this island there was a spot with 3G

Thanks for all your replies, and in regards to only working with e first 3 monitors, do what I said and change the numbers in the code with the numbers of the monitors

I will definitely continue this, thanks guys
Why not just change this:
Code:
if monitor == "monitor_0" then
mon = peripheral.wrap('monitor_0')
elseif monitor == "monitor_1" then
mon = peripheral.wrap('monitor_1')
elseif monitor == "monitor_2" then
mon = peripheral.wrap('monitor_2')
end
To this:
Code:
local mon = peripheral.wrap(monitor)

ItsRex

Jul 29, 2019
So, maybe also try having cookie production boosts, or just have them a specific amount of cps, cause the game would have to detect how much cps you have and multiply it by 7 for about a minute. Also, maybe add upgrade as a store. I haven't played the map yet, but maybe use redstone for the store.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I already know how to implement golden cookies and upgrades, I'm just on holidays :p

They will most likely be in the next update. How are the dungeons? I cant wait to see them when I get back.

Jul 29, 2019
I already know how to implement golden cookies and upgrades, I'm just on holidays :p

They will most likely be in the next update. How are the dungeons? I cant wait to see them when I get back.
they are epic and as far as I can tell they are fun and have a challenge if you don't know how to beat them, also I have yet to find an "end."

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
they are epic and as far as I can tell they are fun and have a challenge if you don't know how to beat them, also I have yet to find an "end."
you know what orteils favourite topic is in programming?

Infinitely recursive generation. Have you seen his thing called nested? That is a perfect example. I don't think you will find an end to the dungeon

Jul 29, 2019
you know what orteils favourite topic is in programming?

Infinitely recursive generation. Have you seen his thing called nested? That is a perfect example. I don't think you will find an end to the dungeon
yea I see that now... you should try that with computercraft! :p

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
yea I see that now... you should try that with computercraft! :p
he took 2 weeks to just make the dungeons in the game. Now what chance do you think I have of making it in Computercraft given the capabilities of the mod and the resolution size of the monitors. I am afraid they will never get in unless I add in a 4th monitor, but that would make it less convenient to use, but even then. I don't have anywhere near enough experience in coding as him

Jul 29, 2019
he took 2 weeks to just make the dungeons in the game. Now what chance do you think I have of making it in Computercraft given the capabilities of the mod and the resolution size of the monitors. I am afraid they will never get in unless I add in a 4th monitor, but that would make it less convenient to use, but even then. I don't have anywhere near enough experience in coding as him
it was a joke FYI

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
New Update!!!

Changelog:
- Fixed Farm CPS increase to Correct Value (From 2 to 4)
- Optimized some code (rounding and monitor detection algorithm)
- Changed Background colour to Cyan
- Made Screen flicker Less, still not completely removed
- Moved the monitor numbers to start of code, this is the only place you need to replace with correct numbers if different

if you want to update it in your world, all you have to do is hold ctrl+t until it says terminated, then run the installer again by typing installer. This will not delete your data

Reactions: whizzball1

SpOmLoL

Jul 29, 2019
I have 2 bugs to mention:
1) you need 1 more cookie then it says you need
e.g. you need 15 cookies for cursor but you can't buy it till you have 16
2) In the latestt version, the cookie cost doesnt refresh at the right time, it stays at the last thing
e.g. you bought 1 cursor but it says it still costs 15 but you need 18 (according to the previous bug)

Hope this helped :)

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
2) In the latestt version, the cookie cost doesnt refresh at the right time, it stays at the last thing
e.g. you bought 1 cursor but it says it still costs 15 but you need 18 (according to the previous bug)

I will look at that when I get back from school, these didnt happen for me

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019

Ok, the problems are fixed now

Updated to v1.0.2
- Fixed needing one more cookie
- Fixed monitor showing incorrect prices

just terminate the program (hold ctrl+t) and run installer to update

SpOmLoL

Jul 29, 2019
maybe a suggestion, but make it so you can turn it on and off with a redstone signal :) FPS lag
and you should work on cursor upgrades :p they become fast useless

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
maybe a suggestion, but make it so you can turn it on and off with a redstone signal :) FPS lag
and you should work on cursor upgrades :p they become fast useless

I can see if I will add that. Right now I am currently busy, but maybe in a few weeks I can get back to adding new features

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I feel this game should also get a real mod.
animated texture of swirling cookie dough.
And Herobrine is said to be pacified and is hosting bingo forever for an infinite number of grandmothers.

I think this could explode, and if it does, he will have one hell of a surprice when he gets back.

Yes
Just...yes