Converting maps: Ultimate vs Direwolf20 Modpack ores

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

internetrush

Jul 29, 2019
Converted a DW20 map to a FTB ultimate map, ran into a bit of trouble when i noticed i wasnt finding any iridium ore at all in the current map.

I assume this is the case, but will the new ores auto generate as i generate new chunks?

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry.
Iridium ore is so rare is to be obselete compared to sheldonite in the end.

I recommend resetting your end and nether, as the overworld GT ores are not partciualrly important compared to the End ones.
Perhaps make a mystcraft mining age for them if you want.

internetrush

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry.
Iridium ore is so rare is to be obselete compared to sheldonite in the end.

I recommend resetting your end and nether, as the overworld GT ores are not partciualrly important compared to the End ones.
Perhaps make a mystcraft mining age for them if you want.

I dont know either how to A.) reset the nether nor b.) Generate a new age.

From my fumblings around a new age i've gotten so far as getting all the pages from local villagers; however, cannot create a random age using the linking book method as ive seen on guides.

Any suggestions?

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know either how to A.) reset the nether nor b.) Generate a new age.

From my fumblings around a new age i've gotten so far as getting all the pages from local villagers; however, cannot create a random age using the linking book method as ive seen on guides.

Any suggestions?

You can reset the nether by deleteing the nether file. It might be dim1. Or dim-1. Just know to back up your world first, in case you delete the wrong one.

If you're mining for iridium, dont bother. You could quarry out chunks on chunks on chunks and only find 4 or 5 pieces. It doesn't help that it has no height limit.

There's a mystcraft book writing guide somewhere, just use the search bar up there.