Conversion of mob essence to player experience in Agrarian Skies

alexschrod

Jul 29, 2019
In a "normal" mob pack world, this is an unproblematic conversion, because you can simply place the mob essence inside an auto-enchanter, which creates bottles o' enchanting, which you can then autonomously activate and gather liquid xp from with a vacuum hopper, which, finally, can be consumed by right-clicking a tank with liquid experience.

This doesn't seem to work in Agrarian Skies, as the bottling of experience in the auto-enchanter is disabled, for whatever reason. And without the BC floodgate, setting up a means to using the straw to drink the essence is an incredibly tedious task. Has anyone figured out how to do this effectively?

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
all ways to do this have been disabled best thing to do is sieve stone and setup a essence berry farm for personal xp

alexschrod

Jul 29, 2019
Never mind this thread... its refusal to produce the bottles was caused by a bug where all my MFR machines started acting like they had a redstone signal applied for whatever reason. Breaking and replacing the auto-enchanter now lets it make bottles o' enchanting without issue.

alexschrod

Jul 29, 2019
Straw + mob essence in the world

Did you even read my post? I wanted to avoid doing that, because it's extremely tedious. Ever try drinking your way to level 31? Or 40? Much better to have Liquid XP and a OpenBlocks tank you can right-click to instantly gain a level whenever you want to.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I did it to level 30... Afk with a straw and an system to fill the bucket then pour it out (dispenser can do that)

Hole - dispenser - AA - tank

Itemducts pulling empty bucket from dispenser and full bucket from AA

AgS is made to be somewhat hard and tedious, if you can't deal with that, then play something else

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I did it to level 30... Afk with a straw and an system to fill the bucket then pour it out (dispenser can do that)

Hole - dispenser - AA - tank

Itemducts pulling empty bucket from dispenser and full bucket from AA

AgS is made to be somewhat hard and tedious, if you can't deal with that, then play something else
Orrrr he can play it how he wants.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
There is no liquid XP (liquid) in game IIRC
There is. In my newest world I have a mob tower that kills with an AA holding a scythe. I collect the drops and XP using a vacuum hopper. I store it in open blocks tanks and use it for enchants.