Consuming Power

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
... the least laggy method of generating scrap...

I'm with you there. Last world, I had ~30 non-OC recyclers generating scrap. Very laggy.

Not sure how I'll do it this time, but it will probably involve laggy stuff like that being in other dimensions.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Power converters, very boring but aim of my current world is to reduce lag cos I've got a LOT of stuff in it. Didn't wanna spam nukes and I removed GT so no fusion reactor for insane power gen required with this kinda setup.[DOUBLEPOST=1409847268][/DOUBLEPOST]Would you like to know my method or do you wanna work it out?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
BigReactors Turbines are great for anti-lag. Nice bang (power) for the buck (lag). Just need decent steam.

Railcraft boilers make a good amount of steam. Just need 3x 36HP to fully power a single max. BigReactors Turbine. 4 Turbines (8000 mB/t) means 12 boilers (8000 / 720 = 11.1111).

To power those boilers, Refined Bees are among the lowest lag. Just need a few framed Alvearies or Gendustry Industrial Apiaries.

But, I'm sure there's other ways to make lots of steam.

Total system power for 4 turbines should be over 100,000 RF/t with default 1.6.4 BigReactors 0.3 values. Assuming PowerConvertors is using 5 EU : 20 RF, that's 25,000 EU/t.

ReC will make way, way more than that, but RoC and ReC can get very client laggy.

In GT 5, nuclear reactors make steam (finally !). Not sure how much, though, haven't gotten there yet :)

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Again - you are using the power to gather resources. Other than watching your material counts go up - why?
Because I might want to build something using them? Is there something wrong with having lots of resources? If I decide I want to build a structure out of amethyst blocks, it's nice to be able to walk over to my storage and pull what I need out, instead of having to spend hours mining for them.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Because I might want to build something using them? Is there something wrong with having lots of resources? If I decide I want to build a structure out of amethyst blocks, it's nice to be able to walk over to my storage and pull what I need out, instead of having to spend hours mining for them.

"Because I can" is seriously a great reason in Minecraft.