Problem Constant "Incomplete set of tags received from server" message Direwolf20

NoSenseAnimations

Feb 8, 2021
I'm running a Direwolf20 modpack version 1.6.1 server off my computer for my friends. I started this server yesterday and it said this message then disappeared, trying to start it today, its reappeared and won't go away. Looking around online you had the usual solutions of updating java and things like that which have all failed. This error appears when a mod can't be loaded so I looked in the logs to find which mod was causing the problem (despite it saying it's a functioning modpack) and there was no defined mod causing a problem except the line: at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_281] which I've never encountered so I was wondering if anyone had a solution to this problem or is experiencing the same problem?

Many thanks, and if you need any new information just ask!

Last edited:

Drej_X_Army

Mar 7, 2021
I am having the same issue. I am able to join, but my friend cant. Console only says he disconnected, so not sure whats up. Could the issue be that the server files are missing an updated mod that the client has?

NoSenseAnimations

Feb 8, 2021
Right, I got it working by uninstalling the mod and reinstalling it, save your world folder if you've done anything on it and delete the rest, make a new server folder and when everything is loaded, throw in the world folder if you kept it, and make sure you're running on the right version AND using the forge-1.16.5-36.0.14 executable Jar file! Not the Minecraft server one, it'll take you a minute or two to load up the server console but it'll work from there! Any other problems just message and I'll see what I can do :)

MidnightsinValhalla

May 2, 2022
I get the same problem with FTB Ultimate: Anniversary Edition. Did it exactly as it said but problem is, the forge-1.16.5-36.2.26 file does nothing.