Windows .exe Connection Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajc458

Jul 29, 2019
TL;DR - Anything to do with FTB is transferring slower than a 56k modem for me.

I'm having connection issues with FTB in general. It took a few minutes just to download the exe file from the web site, the jar file is just timing out. The launcher starts very slowly, and with an error, and takes a decent amount of time just to load the mod pack list. I finally managed to get the Mindcrack pack installed, which took about 20 minutes, and I can't even connect to my server. It says something along the lines of "You do not have FML installed". The Mindcrack 8.1.0 update is available, but at the speed it's downloading it would take hours to install.

It's been working perfectly until today, haven't changed anything on my PC.

Here's the console log: http://pastebin.com/2ieUFFya

Here's my internet speed test (all my other games/applications are running fine): http://www.speedtest.net/result/2518289310.png

It doesn't look like anyone else is having issues, which seems strange.. Anyone have any ideas? It would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: AlanEsh

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
I'm having the exact same issue right now. I'm even getting the same error you got on line 13 of your console log. It takes a several minutes just to load of the list of mod packs, and launching the MindCrack pack was taking so long that I gave up and quit the launcher.

Lowkey

Jul 29, 2019
Same problem between myself and a fellow member. We've been working at this for hours but we just get "forge mod loader could not connect to the server" and a huge list of mods.

trevrar

Jul 29, 2019
Same issue with me and my girlfriend started when we tried to get on today =/

try to update pack and it gives and error after a couple minutes

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
CWW said in IRC earlier that the download servers at creeperhost were a bit bogged down. Try downloading again later.

ajc458

Jul 29, 2019
Ok well at least i'm not alone!

Just for kicks, I tried installing fresh on my laptop, and it went a WHOLE LOT smoother. Not really sure why. Is there any way to completely remove all the FTB data from your computer (profiles/etc) and start completely fresh?

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Fresh install for me is even worse than the problems I was having 4 hours ago. Seems like the host is hosed up.

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
It can help to change to another download server

Options -> Advanced Options -> Download location -> Europe(seems to work best)

Won't speed up the download by much, but at least it seems to work.

lord_bagel

Jul 29, 2019
I am rather new to this and i dont quite understand. I couldn't connect to my friends server directly because of an error with the Forge Mod Loader not being up to date i think. How do i fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.